Anticipated Driving Time To Trat

jingjoe

Yeah, a few (3 or so) hours driving at a reasonable pace seems right.

Also, make sure your car's registration stickers, insurance, etc. is up to date and you're not doing anything illegal in your car when you arrive at the Trat border. I believe there is always (almost always?) a check stop set up on the highway where they will pull you over and check all that stuff.

I believe there is always (almost always?) a check stop set up on the highway where they will pull you over and check all that stuff.

If you are talking about the big curved bridge over the river, it's so easy to keep you speed up as you crest the peak only to find the police check point a few hundred meters ahead of you. That was an interesting afternoon for me.

Otherwise I've not encountered anything unsual about the police down that way, I did however get some very interesting looks from the Army checkpoints near the Cambodian border when I got lost on the Thai side near Pailin.

What's the driving time (on average) to get from Central Pattaya area to the car ferry (near Trat), to Koh Chang please? Are there any more frustrating road works?

Advice appreciated. :D

It all depends whether you're lucky with the traffic lights or not,

I estimate about 25 of them :o

cheers

onzestan