Which Laptop

ignis

Need advise please.........

Replacing the Sony Vaio PCG-FR215H, now over 5yrs old...

Replace with what ? at the moment it is between the following, but which is the better one ??

Sony Vaio VNG-CR13S or Acer Aspire 4720G-301G16Mi

Replace with what ? at the moment it is between the following, but which is the better one ??

After a fast look and not looking at the price, definitely buy the Acer because of higher processor, bigger HardDisk and

more USB slots. These are just a few things that met my eyes. I would also start upfront with 2 GB RAM.

After a fast look and not looking at the price, definitely buy the Acer because of higher processor, bigger HardDisk and

more USB slots. These are just a few things that met my eyes. I would also start upfront with 2 GB RAM.

Thanks

Owned my Sony since new...... in 5years never any problems or repair,

friend has an Acer bought 18months ago it has been replaced 1x, repaired 1x and latest the harddrive stopped working and had to be replaced.. For this reason I was trying to work out what is the better Laptop to buy.

Sony is most likely the best to buy unless you start having hardware problems then I think Acer would be better because of repair support. I currently have an Acer that worked great around the world for 2 years then it started having motherboard problems. Dropped off at Acer and picked up two days later with new motherboard installed for $4600 baht. My purchase and repair cost are still way under Sony cost at time of my purchase. Granted you don't want or need downtime but sh__ happens.

On reflection, it may have been my new travel bag that caused the problems. I noted the notebook was being slightly twisted when I packed but blew it off at the time. Upon arrival at destination problems started.

Need advise please.........

Replacing the Sony Vaio PCG-FR215H, now over 5yrs old...

Hi Ignis,

I bought a VGN 13S last week. Its my third Vaio. It is beautifully designed and built and oozes quality.

The Acers I looked at were certainly cheap but the keyboards didn't suit me at all.

Sonys don't set out to be cheap...just good at what they are intended for.

My own computer needs are simple and it does everything I want without fuss. All my other Sony products integrated seamlessly using the on-board Sony Software. ie phone, cameras, memory sticks.

Its everything I expected from Sony and a pleasure to use right down to the well thought out and constructed carry bags supplied with it.

The only problem I am having is with Vista Home Premium.

It seems to tell MS to default to Thai language when downloading Messenger and Explorer.

I have loaded Firefox from the list pinned on this board but my internet bank will not accept it. The bank only connects with Explorer!!

Has anyone any ideas to fix this?