Rising Sun Pub

Can anyone tell me if the Rising Sun is still operating in Lamai....heard Maria was moving and can`t seem to contact her.She wasn`t doing too well health wise last time we saw her and my wife is concerned ...any info would be appreciated thanks

The rising sun is now a row of shop houses, nasty ugly concrete monstrosities. Maria I beleive may have left Samui (unconfirmed but people who know her have not seen her) due to her ill health & the pub closing.

Can anyone tell me if the Rising Sun is still operating in Lamai....heard Maria was moving and can`t seem to contact her.She wasn`t doing too well health wise last time we saw her and my wife is concerned ...any info would be appreciated thanks

rising sun has been knocked down iirc.

don't know if they were relocating though.

rising sun has been knocked down iirc.

don't know if they were relocating though.

Maria has gone back to England.

rising sun is where i used to have my breakfast of a morning whilst im on samui.

its a shame they knocked it down because the new units that they built a while back hardly do a booming trade.

the rising sun is the place i paid 700 baht for the worst xmas dinner i have ever eaten,would not give it to one of the dogs on the street

rising sun is where i used to have my breakfast of a morning whilst im on samui.

its a shame they knocked it down because the new units that they built a while back hardly do a booming trade.

the rising sun is the place i paid 700 baht for the worst xmas dinner i have ever eaten,would not give it to one of the dogs on the street

christmas dinner for 700 baht? what were you expecting? food?

What $20.00 can't buy food? :o

red brussell sprouts was my favorite part of it normally i go to the stall next to the boxing for my food,35 baht much more like it never again will i eat a xmas dinner again in thailand

tbh I wasn't bothered about the rising sun closing. the food was average and place was over-rated IMO.

iirc they milked a mention in the lonely planet. I tried the place a few times and it was nothing special. just my opinion of course. :D

now the billabong bar across the road - I was devastated when that was knocked down. that was my favourite afternoon spot for a sociable few. they usually played decent music and it was a top place for people watching.

RIP billabong. :o

red brussell sprouts was my favorite part of it

Maybe you put too much tomato ketchup on them. :o

now the billabong bar across the road - I was devastated when that was knocked down. that was my favourite afternoon spot for a sociable few. they usually played decent music and it was a top place for people watching.

I agree with you about the Billabong Bar.

I used to enjoy a few beers whilst people watching.

I agree with you about the Billabong Bar.

I used to enjoy a few beers whilst people watching.

I heard rumours they planned to build a new bigger billabong further down towards the ring road. don't know if there's any truth in it. not been in samui for a few months now.

doubt they could find as good a location as the old one - roadside, central etc.

billabong bar??

is that the bar outside mcdonalds right oppersite las palmas?is it run by a bald australian bloke

i also heard they were moving this bar while i was there last year.i was told by another bar owner that they wanted to move it back off the main road further up the road,i also heard a whisper that the wanted to put a hotel on the site which has all the bars and thai boxing ring in the middle.i was told that some of these bars were to be relocated but not all of them.seems they want to move girly bars to a less visible place.

billabong bar??

is that the bar outside mcdonalds right oppersite las palmas?is it run by a bald australian bloke

i also heard they were moving this bar while i was there last year.i was told by another bar owner that they wanted to move it back off the main road further up the road,i also heard a whisper that the wanted to put a hotel on the site which has all the bars and thai boxing ring in the middle.i was told that some of these bars were to be relocated but not all of them.seems they want to move girly bars to a less visible place.

yeah, it was the roadside bar next to mcdonald's. not sure if it was a bald ozzy bloke in charge - I thought it was an english guy. I could be wrong though. :o

• 1 month later...
is las palmas still open or has it gone the same way as rising sun?

ifits closed i'll have to find somewhere else for my lasagna.

If you don't even know if the joint is open or not, you must not be needing lasagna very often.

Isn't all that stuff frozen anyway? Isn't the lasagna from the Shamrock, for example, the same as the stuff in all the Italian slophouses? I mean it's fairly good, but I cannot believe that it's made from scratch on site.

"Why order spaghetti in a restaurant? You can make it at home just as good."

well my last visit was in january so i wouldnt know if there still open.

my next visit will be in a couple of weeks thats why i wanted to know if they still existed.

do you know if there still open?because if you do,you never said.

Touche

Sorry, its just far too often someone poses a simple question such as yours and does not receive any useful information but rather lots of opinions on what that person should be doing instead. Its nice to see someone actually request a simple answer in a polite way instead of either getting upset or giving up.

Hopefully, someone can answer your question.