Need Bmw 650cc

nikster

Is this Kawi not made in Thailand?

If so, then why is it some 60,000 B more than the same bike in The States? The green book value added is not near 60K price differential on a duty paid USD price.

I am tempted to buy one, but gall at the extra 60K

I'm not sure why they more expensive, the 230.000Bht is a suggested retail price, second I'm not sure that the USD price is road ready....

Is this Kawi not made in Thailand?

If so, then why is it some 60,000 B more than the same bike in The States? The green book value added is not near 60K price differential on a duty paid USD price.

I am tempted to buy one, but gall at the extra 60K

I'm not sure why they more expensive, the 230.000Bht is a suggested retail price, second I'm not sure that the USD price is road ready....

A - Other bikes are 2x what they cost in the states, so 60K isn't all that bad.

B - Richard, I went to a Kawa dealer in CM and was told that the KLX300 is 230,000, can have 10,000 off BUT... no license plate! The dealer can't even get a license plate. So that defeats the whole purpose of buying a new bike from a dealer. I can't really think of any reason unless they import these as parts?! Could you ask your Kawasaki-dealer friends what's up with that? I am not interested in a bike w/o license plate.

A - Other bikes are 2x what they cost in the states, so 60K isn't all that bad.

B - Richard, I went to a Kawa dealer in CM and was told that the KLX300 is 230,000, can have 10,000 off BUT... no license plate! The dealer can't even get a license plate. So that defeats the whole purpose of buying a new bike from a dealer. I can't really think of any reason unless they import these as parts?! Could you ask your Kawasaki-dealer friends what's up with that? I am not interested in a bike w/o license plate.

A. The other bikes are 2X due to freight, duty, excise, and VAT

The US price also includes freight, duty, and tax.

There is no duty on made in Thailand bikes, only excise and VAT. Looks like a book is worth 10K

the 60K difference is difficult to explain away

B. I am in the market for a dirt bike, but no plate = no sale. I may as well buy a grey import, or parts build special for 60K less

A. The other bikes are 2X due to freight, duty, excise, and VAT

The US price also includes freight, duty, and tax.

There is no duty on made in Thailand bikes, only excise and VAT. Looks like a book is worth 10K

the 60K difference is difficult to explain away

B. I am in the market for a dirt bike, but no plate = no sale. I may as well buy a grey import, or parts build special for 60K less

Could also be the weak $, it's making everything in the U.S. a lot cheaper + the prices don't adjust that fast.

No explanation so far why no plate, will have to go back to dealer next time I am there. I agree that it doesn't make any sense to buy the bike without plate.

I also have no explanation why the Thai KLX is higher priced then the USA KLX, other that in Thailand Kawasaki has little competition from other manufacturers.

For the license plates, I asked some people and they said, maybe the "dealer" has no or little experience in applying for license plates. Some so-called dealers are not even registered companies, they just wholesale for other (larger)dealer(s).