Can Extend A Non-b?

My one-year non-B with work permit is coming to an end on Nov. 10. I am in the works of creating a new company and getting a new non-B but the process is taking longer than I thought so I need some extra time to get that paperwork in order.

Can I go to immigration and extend my current Non-B visa (last visa run 3 months ago) for another month which will then give me enough time to get the paperwork in order for the year non-B that I want. Or can I let the Non-B expire and then get a free 30-day tourist visa?

Thanks,

PA

Do you have a multi entry non immigrant B visa that expires on November 10? Exit the country and return on the 9th, or before, for a new 90 day permitted to stay stamp.

You do not make "visa runs" with an extension of stay so it appears the above is what you have and you don't have a problem.

For 30 day visa exempt you just exit Thailand, enter/exit another country and return. If done at Cambodia it may require onward ticket within 30 days of entry proof. There is also a requirement for proof of 10k baht if asked.

It would depend on where you go to get it as payment is in local currency and not always at current exchange rate. Also if single or multi entry type. From Immigration you normally extend your stay and that costs 1,900 baht per year. If single entry visa obtained from Immigration, prior to extension of stay, it would cost 2,000 baht.