Where Did Dr. Nanthadej Hiranyasthiti Transfer To?

CBPMSM

Does anyone know where Dr. Nanthedej Hiranyasthiti transferred to? I had spinal surgery at Bumrungrad Hospital a couple of years ago, and want to see him for a follow up. Bumrungrad is just saying he no longer available. I can be personally reached at <email address removed as per forum rules. Pleas send a PM>. Would certainly appreciate any information

Edited by Maestro
removed email address

Does anyone know where Dr. Nanthedej Hiranyasthiti transferred to? I had spinal surgery at Bumrungrad Hospital a couple of years ago, and want to see him for a follow up. Bumrungrad is just saying he no longer available. I can be personally reached at <email address removed as per forum rules. Pleas send a PM>. Would certainly appreciate any information

This doctor IS available at Bumrungrad. His hours are 9am - 4pm M W T & F. Saturday he is available from 9 am to noon. I would be interested to know what surgery you had done, what you think of him, etc. He seems to be well qualified.

~~~

I met with Dr. Nanthedej Hiranyasthiti this past August at Bumrungrad to consult with him regarding my serious spine problems. I found him to be an excellent physician. Where another BKK doctor had recommended surgery for my condition (c-spine and lumbar spine), Dr. Nanthedej suggested that I take a "wait and see approach," go easy on the meds, and to resume my normal activity level once I felt better.

I was very impressed with Dr. Nanthedej. He was a voice of reason during a difficult period. Sure enough with more healing time I am feeling much better. I would highly recommend seeking his advice.

~~~

• 2 weeks later...

This doctor IS available at Bumrungrad. His hours are 9am - 4pm M W T & F. Saturday he is available from 9 am to noon. I would be interested to know what surgery you had done, what you think of him, etc. He seems to be well qualified.

I got a note from Bumrungrad that he was no longer available, but in 24 hours had an appointment, so I guess it was some sort of computer error. Anyway I am glad he is there. I had surgery Dec 2005 and had excellent results, in fact too good. I took a hard fall this past June and have had some sciatic pain return. I for one can not say enough good about Dr. Nanthadej. He is very conservative and will use surgery as last resort. I told him what other surgeons had suggested here in the states. He said in many cases this is true but in my case he would not recommend it......even though the procedure was more expensive. I would never think of having back surgery without Dr. Nanthadej. I just fear that he will say "I told you to take it easy and let your body heal" ....which I did not. I felt like superman from day 1.

The whole Bumrungrad experience was incredible. I was scared to death going in there ....and it turned out to be one of the best, most pleasant experiences of my life. Think they are in the wrong business, they should be teaching all other hospitals how to operate a hospital. I don't think they can improve, they simply are the most caring, organized, efficient, clean, organization possible....and that is from the cleaning crew to the top surgeons.

I have seen some comments that they are more expensive. When it comes to your health do you really want to bargain shop? I think they deserve every penny they earn. You don't expect the best to cost the least. And in terms of cost comparisons with the United States, Europe, etc. it is still a huge bargain.

I was so concerned with Staph infection which seems to be out of control here in the states. 26 to 27% I was told. Dr. Nanthadej stated that all forms of infection at Bumrungrad in 2005 was .007% and he had never seen a staph infection in the orthopedic section. That sold me. Bruce

Unsure if I am allowed to post this but my surgery experience at Bumrungrad can be found at www.tropicalworld.com and than see link to surgery

I got a note from Bumrungrad that he was no longer available, but in 24 hours had an appointment, so I guess it was some sort of computer error. Anyway I am glad he is there. I had surgery Dec 2005 and had excellent results, in fact too good. I took a hard fall this past June and have had some sciatic pain return. I for one can not say enough good about Dr. Nanthadej. He is very conservative and will use surgery as last resort. I told him what other surgeons had suggested here in the states. He said in many cases this is true but in my case he would not recommend it......even though the procedure was more expensive. I would never think of having back surgery without Dr. Nanthadej. I just fear that he will say "I told you to take it easy and let your body heal" ....which I did not. I felt like superman from day 1.

The whole Bumrungrad experience was incredible. I was scared to death going in there ....and it turned out to be one of the best, most pleasant experiences of my life. Think they are in the wrong business, they should be teaching all other hospitals how to operate a hospital. I don't think they can improve, they simply are the most caring, organized, efficient, clean, organization possible....and that is from the cleaning crew to the top surgeons.

I have seen some comments that they are more expensive. When it comes to your health do you really want to bargain shop? I think they deserve every penny they earn. You don't expect the best to cost the least. And in terms of cost comparisons with the United States, Europe, etc. it is still a huge bargain.

I was so concerned with Staph infection which seems to be out of control here in the states. 26 to 27% I was told. Dr. Nanthadej stated that all forms of infection at Bumrungrad in 2005 was .007% and he had never seen a staph infection in the orthopedic section. That sold me. Bruce

Unsure if I am allowed to post this but my surgery experience at Bumrungrad can be found at www.tropicalworld.com and than see link to surgery

Glad you had a good experience at Bumrungrad. But they can most certainly improve. The nurses could show a more caring attitude by doing more frequent rounds instead of being sat in front of computers; the aides could learn to take blood pressure and not zoom up and down in 1 second flat; cleaning of equipment could be better done; at night time sleeping patients should not be woken unless necessary, the whole hospital could be kept at a warmer temperature - its OK for young emplyees dashing around but not for the sick, cashiers should automatically give patients a detailed bill and large amounts should be queried, the food should come to one's room hot food hot and if one is on a liqid or soft diet one should not be given the same meal for days! Nurses should check that patients are comfortably sat up before meals are delivered and that tray is within easy reach and nurses should check what patient has eaten. The rooms are in need of refurbishment.

It is my experience that general nursing is better at BNH and food is delicious at BNH. Food at Bumrungrad is dreadful! I found BNH more expensive

Glad you had a good experience at Bumrungrad. But they can most certainly improve. The nurses could show a more caring attitude by doing more frequent rounds instead of being sat in front of computers; the aides could learn to take blood pressure and not zoom up and down in 1 second flat; cleaning of equipment could be better done; at night time sleeping patients should not be woken unless necessary, the whole hospital could be kept at a warmer temperature - its OK for young emplyees dashing around but not for the sick, cashiers should automatically give patients a detailed bill and large amounts should be queried, the food should come to one's room hot food hot and if one is on a liqid or soft diet one should not be given the same meal for days! Nurses should check that patients are comfortably sat up before meals are delivered and that tray is within easy reach and nurses should check what patient has eaten. The rooms are in need of refurbishment.

It is my experience that general nursing is better at BNH and food is delicious at BNH. Food at Bumrungrad is dreadful! I found BNH more expensive

Gee I was checked every 15 minutes or so after surgery for at least 48 hours by an RN. I had 11 RN on the 1/2 floor and everyone in the whole hospital was working. The next year I went for a physical and I did see an employee trying to loaf and that was corrected by another person within 2 minutes. Also I was asked twice while waiting to say "good bye" to one of the administration officials if I could be helped. I do not recall being woken and got a good nights sleep. I must have been on drugs. I thought the temperature was fine. Could have asked for more covers. I do wish I had been given a diet coke after coming out of surgery but did not ask. I was told I should have been. My intake and outflo were checked. If you want a detailed bill come to the states. Then you can see what a bill looks like. Hey I thought the food was excellent. And if you don't like it you can always call for delivery service from some of the many restaurants in the area. I guess some people would not care for rock lobster salad or thinly sliced tuna in red wine sauce after surgery. My floor and room were cleaned at least twice a day. Everyone was very pleasant. Guess if you are nasty and unappreciative, they could tend to "leave you alone". I was treated like royalty and very much tried to show my appreciation. Bruce