Old Holborn Tobacco

silentnine

Hi all ..

does anyone know anywhere in in the pattaya or bangkok areas that sells Old Holborn hand rolling tobacco.

i currently relie on freinds visiting to bring 1 box into LOS as thats the limit :o

i've tried everywhere i can find , and only drum , golden virginia and other makes

Hi all ..

does anyone know anywhere in in the pattaya or bangkok areas that sells Old Holborn hand rolling tobacco.

i currently relie on freinds visiting to bring 1 box into LOS as thats the limit :o

i've tried everywhere i can find , and only drum , golden virginia and other makes

There is a pharmacy on Sukhumvit just east of soi 4 with a selection of imported tobacco. I dont know if they have what you are looking for but maybe.

As for limits on bringing in tobacco, as far as I know, you can bring in excess amounts as long as you declare it. I bring a couple kilos in with me and show it at the items to declare desk. I assume you are supposed to pay duty but they always just wave me through when they see what it is.

Hi all ..

There is a pharmacy on Sukhumvit just east of soi 4 with a selection of imported tobacco. I dont know if they have what you are looking for but maybe.

As for limits on bringing in tobacco, as far as I know, you can bring in excess amounts as long as you declare it. I bring a couple kilos in with me and show it at the items to declare desk. I assume you are supposed to pay duty but they always just wave me through when they see what it is.

does anyone have any idea what the tax/duty level is if they decide to make you pay ?

concerned as a freind brought in 1000 B&H from dubai last year (silly man) and they fined him 35,000 he says for NOT declaring them ..

does anyone have any idea what the tax/duty level is if they decide to make you pay ?

concerned as a freind brought in 1000 B&H from dubai last year (silly man) and they fined him 35,000 he says for NOT declaring them ..

I would like to know that too. It can't be anywhere near the fine amount though. That is whyI always declare. I have looked around some customs websites and have not seen any duty info. All they tell you is duty free limits.

I would like to know that too. It can't be anywhere near the fine amount though. That is whyI always declare. I have looked around some customs websites and have not seen any duty info. All they tell you is duty free limits.

so does anyone know ?

Hi all ..

I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that declaring them and paying duty isn't even an option.

• 3 months later...
Just curious, is this stuff considered to be superior to other brands?

Back when I smoke ciggies, I considered this to be the best tobacco on the market!

ps when I used to buy it duty free, I'd buy vast amounts and never had any problems!

Wow! Tobacco lovers dare poke their heads out of the foxhole. No lectures on the evils of smoking? Yet. I would think there is an option to declare excess & pay duty. Even the USA allows this, or at least they used to. Anyone know the facts? I am also interested in the brand "Three Castles". It was an excellent rolling tobacco, but I guess is no longer produced. Anyone know a similar product?

There is a thread on excise duty here. Basically they are saying that you can't bring in more than 200 cigs/ 500 grm tobacco without prior agreement. If you have an agreement you would pay 355 baht per carton for cigarettes, but if caught over your limit you would pay 3,550 and lose the gear.

Maybe the guy referred to earlier was bring in 2,000 (10 cartons).

• 1 year later...

The Royal Thai Consulate in Hull UK website says that you are allowed "200 Cigarettes or 250 gm of tobacco or cigars, or altogether weight not more than 250 grams max". Not 500g....

Emporium??

Got plenty of tobacco there. Never remember the floor, maybe 4th?

Somewhere in the distant past I googled for tobacco importers in Thailand. There is 1 main one. Try it and see. When I wanted a box of Virginia they told me, no problem. Based in or very near BKK.

No longer have the data though, sorry.

I used to be an Old Holborn smoker when i came here, now a thai baccy smoker, 10bht 50gramme, moisten it in a tupperware container with some salad leaves so its not dry, Buy blue rizzla and filters at a chinese corner shop in Udon, not a bad smoke!!

When a friend or family member visits, they always bring Holborn, when i smoke this, the salt petre attacks my tongue, and makes me cough like crazy, I dont think there are any such chems in Thai baccy, Id rather visitors bring me socks and aftershave nowadays,

Cheers, Lickey..