Visa question: american coming from israel

Hello,

I have an american friend who is in Israel right now until September.  She wants join me in Maysia in September and travel north into Thailand.  She also wants to stay about 55 days in Thailand with me doing research in Chumphon.  What would be the best way for her to get a 60 day visa?  These are some provisos:

1. She is not in Tel Aviv so a trip to the Thai embassy is not cost/time effective for her.

2. Once in Thailand, she does not want to go to Bangkok to renew the visa if she can only get a 30 day tourist visa at the southern border.

So, would you recommend that she mail her passport to the USA (Thai Embassy in Wash. DC) for a 60 day visa? Or would you recommend that she just go south from Chumphon on Day 29, cross the border into Malaysia and turn around and come back into Thailand with a new visa stamp?  Or, does anyone have a better solution?

Is there an entry charge into Malaysia from Thailand if you landed in Malaysia and have a visa from M.?

Thank YOU!

Robert DeCandido, PhD

NYC

It would only take about 26 hours to get a 60 day tourist visa for Thailand at a Thai Consulate in Kuala Lumpur, Penang or Kota Baru if you are going to be in any of those places for a day.  Find it hard to believe she can not find 'time' to get a visa in Israel myself.   ???

israel is such a small country. where i used to live on the coast midway between haifa and tel aviv you could see both sides of the country just by moving your eyes---from med to palestine!!!!

if your friend is too lazy to go to tel aviv which is only one hour at the most from most places to obtain her thai visa then i feel sorry for her!!!!

sounds as though she is a J.A.P.

Hello Folks,

Try not to judge people by what little info is available here.  For example, she is not Jewish...the slang term used in the previous email does no one any good, and only serves to inflame others.  The world has enough of that as it is...

Anyway, that being said, my friend is in Eilat about a 4-5 hour bus ride from Tel Aviv.  Now granted, she has not yet called the Thai Embassy to find out if the processing time for a visa application in Tel Aviv is two hours or 24 hours.  If the latter, then she loses two days at work, has to pay two bus fares and spend 8 hours (at least) travelling.  Yes, I suppose she could call them to find out if they process Visa Applications by mail, but would you want your passport in the hands of the post office or Fed Ex?

Thanks for your consideration and any other suggestions of merit would be appreciated.

Robert DeCandido, PhD

NYC

Perhaps you should read your first post again.

So, would you recommend that she mail her passport to the USA (Thai Embassy in Wash. DC) for a 60 day visa?
Now you say:  
Yes, I suppose she could call them to find out if they process Visa Applications by mail, but would you want your passport in the hands of the post office or Fed Ex?

???

ummmmmm.....

1) ask the embassy in Tel Aviv to fax an application form.

2) mail the completed form & passport, plus stamped self addressed enveloped to the Embassy in Tel Aviv. They can process and return it to your freind.

Is this not possible or have I missed something here?