Two 60 Day Visas

hi, i applied for 2 x 60 day visas that start on 16 july 2004 and expire 31 dec 2004.

however due to work probs i am still unable to go to thailand just yet but hope to leave early september. my problem is can i still use my 2nd 60 day visa and in turn apply for an additional 30 days within the expiry of the 2nd visa 31/12/2004 or have i lost those two months because i didnt travel on the day my first visa started ?

on a seperate note, i hold both a british passport and an irish passport. can i leave the relevant paperwork here signed with photos and get some one to send my irish passport to the thai embassy, get a triple entry visa put on it and then get the passport posted to me in thailand and use it there ?

your help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

As long as you enter Thailand before 31 Dec for second time you will lose nothing - the visa date is an enter by (use by) date but time in country can be beyond it.

A visa issued without you in the country (region) of issue is not valid.

That is what the Thai's tell us but if not necessarily true.

If there is no Thai embassy in the country where you live what are you supposed to do?

You have no option but to send you passport to a another country to get the visa issued, or ask someone in that country to take your passport to the Embassy/consulate

With two separate passports who is to know?

If he did "swop" passports on an out/in he would have to fly out, as the land borders always check for an exit stamp from the other country.

Edited by astral

I used to get 2 (back-to-back) tourist visas all the time. but am considering migrating to a retirement visa soon. regarding your situation...

if you apply for 2 tourist visas, then, most probably, you will get a multiple entry sticker put in your passport. this sticker will have imprinted in it the type of visas you got and the number. this multiple entry sticker has it's own expiration date separate from the expiration dates of any visas that you may have activated. the multiple entry sticker has a valid usage period of 6 months. in other words, when you get your passport back, look at the sticker, and you will see how long the visas listed in it are valid. keep in mind that you need to use up all the visas you have purchased before the expiration date on the multiple entry sticker. for example, if you purchased 2 tourist visa in january, they are valid until july. if you go to thailand in june, and activate the first visa, the second visa will PROBABLY be wasted because it will never be activated before the expiration date of the multiple entry sticker. ...UNLESS you leave thailand early, and come back to thailand before the expiration day of the multiple entry sticker.

That is what the Thai's tell us but if not necessarily true.

If there is no Thai embassy in the country where you live what are you supposed to do?

You have no option but to send you passport to a another country to get the visa issued, or ask someone in that country to take your passport to the Embassy/consulate

With two separate passports who is to know?

If he did "swop" passports on an out/in he would have to fly out, as the land borders always check for an exit stamp from the other country.

That is why I said region (if country protects for other countries in the region).

He did not say name was different. I suspect computers will be set to flag on duplicate names/bio data these days.

In todays world I would not advise doing anything questionable.

:o thanks for your help. i wont use my other passport if its going to possibly get me into trouble. when my two entries are up i will ask for your advice again. i am going to chaig mi so maybe i will bump into some of you guys and we can talk again.

thanks again.

He did not say name was different. I suspect computers will be set to flag on duplicate names/bio data these days.

In todays world I would not advise doing anything questionable.

In theory I agree with you Lopburi, but it will take a VERY intelligent system and operator to confirm that it really is duplicate data - ie the same person.

I do not believe that the Thai system can detect two passports from the same country as belonging to the same person, let alone from two different countries.

Time will tell.

hi jfk here again,

if i get the irish passport sent to me from ireland, leave thailand after my 2 x 60 day visas are used up but take both passports with me when i leave. then enter thailand using my irish passport, get an entry stamp on it and i,m here for another while. then just rotate the passports every six months or so by sending one home and repeating as above.

i have a different address on each passport to avoid detection. what do you think ?

best regards.

hi jfk here again,

if i get the irish passport sent to me from ireland, leave thailand after my 2 x 60 day visas are used up but take both passports with me when i leave. then enter thailand using my irish passport, get an entry stamp on it and i,m here for another while. then just rotate the passports every six months or so by sending one home and repeating as above.

i have a different address on each passport to avoid detection. what do you think ?

As long as the passport shows IN OUT IN IUT IN OUT no big deal.

Visas applied for whilst IN will catch up with you :o

Would not recommend doing it on a day trip either!

hi jfk here again,

best regards.

An address is not what is recorded in a passport. I think you are playing with fire.