Need A Cafetière.

Mobi

Does anyone happen to know where I might find a cafetière for sale in the Pattaya area?

I have looked in Homepro, Carrefour, Homeworks, and Index. Filter coffee machines no problems, but no cafetières in sight.

Doesn't anyone in this fair city use these things, or will I have to go to Bangkok to buy one?

Something like this will be fine:

post-25991-1194336580_thumb.jpg

Try the Kitchen Ware shop next door to Foodland, they have a wide range of such products ( not sure exactly the same but well worth a go )

The funny things is that after driving from Numchai to Carrefour to Homeworks and finally to Index where I felt sure I would find one, I did wonder about the place next to Foodland, but after going round and round in traffic for ages , decided it wasn't worth the hassle to go back down there and be disappointed yet again. :o

Anyway, now I'm recovered I'll give it a try. :D

I think I've seen one in Friendship Supermarket on South Pattaya Road.

Can confirm that Friendship have a few models. Have also seen them on the ground floor market place in Royal Garden.

They were charging about 800 baht for them in Friendship a few months back. I bought the same model for less than half that price in Robinsons, Udon so the OP should have better luck and lower prices in Bangkok or the provinces.

Hi Mobi,

I used to see them in the bottom floor at big C (near SF cinema)I hvaen't loked at them lately but they had them for 2 years .

I am not sure it has been 3 months since I paid attention to the vendor.

Hope you find!

Beardog

to list is pointless they are everywhere...

Well, they are certainly not everywhere. They are not at:

Carrefour

Homepro

Index

Homeworks.

That's the four places I tried the other day, so maybe I was just unlucky. When I couldn't find one at Index, which has a very large selection of house hold/cooking type stuff, I began to wonder whether I could find them anywhere in Pattaya. Hence the request on this forum.

Now, some kind helpful people have indicated where I might find one.

I don't want to start anything but it totally mystifies me why you 'suggest' that people should not bother to respond to my request. If you don't want to help that's fine - but why go to the trouble of posting a negative comment on such an innocuous thread?

It beats the h..ll out of me :o

I shall try Friendship, and maybe Royal Garden today.

Thanks folks :D

BTW,Wilko - I hope some kind soul tells you where to find your mustard :D

You won't believe this but me and the missus went to Friendship this afternoon - and no cafetieres. Yes we went upstairs, and were then directed downstairs but all gone!

Something like this happened before when I was looking for Branston pickle. I got my jar in Friendship after I was told they had some in stock, but the next day they were all sold out. People read the thread and made a beeline for friendship and emptied the stock. So I guess the same has happened again.

Anyway, somewhat in desperation I went to Royal Garden, (well the wife had to go there anyway) and I didn't really expect to find one, but I was wandering amongst the tourist stalls on the ground floor and low and behold, right before my eyes, there was a whole line of them, stacked up on a 'green tea' stall. My search is now over and the price was only 450 Baht, as against the reported price in Friendship of 700 Baht. So all's well that ends well.

I've just made a cup of coffee in my new cafetiere, and it is delicious. :o

Thanks to all those who helped in this search, including those who got to Friendship before me and bought up all the expensive ones, and saved my 250 Baht :D