Coach Hire

richardb

I am looking to hire a coach/large minibus for a day out when I come on hols in late December.

I have done a forum search and have not turned anything up.

Any info on coach/minibus hire would be gratefully recieved.

Richard

ps if all else fails what do you think it would cost to hire a fleet of bahtbusses for a day per bus . Does the bahtbus collective have a central office. A coach would be best though.

Edited by richardb

We hired a double-decker coach for our wedding in Isaan. About 60 seats including the Karaoke room downstairs, featuring a fridge (!) and a toilet (!!).

We were only about 10 people on the bus, the whole trip from Pattaya via Bangkok up to the Maekhong with one day standby was some 40,000 Baht. The smaller bus without the karaoke room would have been just 2 or 3,000 less, so we went for "full options".

It was the most comfortable travelling I ever had in my life and if I ever travel in a group of 10+ people within Thailand the coach is the right choice.

PM me for details of this company if you like, they also were the only ones (NB!!) that was not surprised about my requirements having two drivers. Other companies argued with the regular com on, this is Thailand or 14 hours on the wheel, so what, our drivers can do much longer.... :o

Edited by raro

Hi i have afriend who owns 5 VIP coaches,and they are very nice indeed,i can get you a contact number if you pm me.Based about 10km outside Pattaya.Buses have kareoke on board food video,last time i asked my friend she said prices start from around 15.000 baht per day.

Another option may be things like Toyota Commuters that have been retro fitted with 6 seats against the usual 9 making them effectively business class seats. On board DVD etc. Perhaps a few thousand a day with driver or work out something whereby you pay for the fuel ?

You might reconsider your subject titles... I thought this thread was going to be someone wanted like a "life coach", or something like a soccer coach for some youth league, or a stagecoach for some movie production, or a Coach brand leather handbag as a prop or something...

Good luck in finding whatever it is you're looking for...