Bus Options To And From The Airport

torrenova

I want to get an early flight to Singapore (the 07:05) and presume it is taxi only as no buses in the middle of the night but if i went for the 11:45 flight, Bell travel only have buses at 06:00 and 09:00. The 09:00 is too late and I reckon the 06:00 will get there around 07:30 and I really don't want 4+ hours at the airport.

Is there any other service say around 08:00 ?

Yep its a bugger isnt it............i get the 11.45 down to Singapore and always have the 4 hour wait, just cant chance the 9am bus.

Sorry cant help re any service about 8am. :o

There couldn't be too many major tourist resorts with worse airport transport serives than Pattaya.

Edited by tropo

[There couldn't be too many major tourist resorts with worse airport transport serives than Pattaya.

Agreed but to the average tourist there are airport taxis on every street corner and they charge about Bt1000 or USD30 or EUR20 or GBP15. Because that is relatively so cheap, then people have no incentive to look for an alternative.

Now if you had the money, the time and the balls, getting Bell Travel's idea and getting the hotels involved whereby you pay the hotel (who perhaps get Bt50), you are picked up and whisked off to the big bus and you're paying only Bt200 then it might be a winner.

My problems with Bell Travel are that they just don't go when the expat wants them to go. Perhaps for tourists their schedule is perfect !

>Agreed but to the average tourist there are airport taxis on every street corner and they charge about Bt1000 or <

Sir ,as a long term Patts resident and a bar owner ,you should know that the standard taxi rate from Pattaya to the Airport is 850 baht .

Takings must be down in the bar if you have to take a bus .Never mind ,the high season is almost there ,and the mongers will be soon warming your bar stools . :o

I want to get an early flight to Singapore (the 07:05) and presume it is taxi only as no buses in the middle of the night but if i went for the 11:45 flight, Bell travel only have buses at 06:00 and 09:00. The 09:00 is too late and I reckon the 06:00 will get there around 07:30 and I really don't want 4+ hours at the airport.

Is there any other service say around 08:00 ?

I am not shure about this one:

Pattaya 06:00 Uhr every 2 hours at the busstation Busstation in North Pattaya.

For reservation: 085-1998564 and 038-370055-6.

also Champion Tour offers bus-service : [email protected] http://www.champion-tour-pattaya.com/soi/index.php?english

Soi Post Office 038 710639

but I am afraid there is no Service at 8am ...

>Agreed but to the average tourist there are airport taxis on every street corner and they charge about Bt1000 or <

Sir ,as a long term Patts resident and a bar owner ,you should know that the standard taxi rate from Pattaya to the Airport is 850 baht .

Takings must be down in the bar if you have to take a bus .Never mind ,the high season is almost there ,and the mongers will be soon warming your bar stools . :o

There's one in every thread. The OP starts a thread asking for advice on buses to the airport and in he pops insulting a person's wish to take a bus.

I can afford taxis too, but if there's a bus leaving around the same time, why not take it and save 700 baht (plus tip)?

Bell Transport buses are comfortable and often a better, safer option than a lot of the 850 baht badly maintained cars with drivers from hel_l.

Have to agree w/ Tropo here.

Was going to suggest you catch the last bus to the airport, eat and walkabout, have some beers and then what sleep you can on level 2. Thats the only way I know how to do it.

Taxi - BAH! and the rate is 800 judging by the 568952 signs I see daily. Incidenty, the new airport is much closer than the old.

ps: there is another miniv service at Tops 2nd/Klang as well as one near Tukcom on Pattaya Tai.

Taxi - BAH! and the rate is 800 judging by the 568952 signs I see daily. Incidenty, the new airport is much closer than the old.

ps: there is another miniv service at Tops 2nd/Klang as well as one near Tukcom on Pattaya Tai.

I see that all the signs are still showing 800, but many in this forum have mentioned it's 850. I haven't taken one recently so I'm not sure. I suspect it maybe false advertising, but anytime I've organised a car from one of those road side services they've sent me a wreck of a car with a very bad driver.

I normally take Mr T's private cars for 900. I get a good driver and car (last time a Volvo) and I arranged a pick up from the airport upon my return for 1000. Last time they sent a comfortable minivan.

What about taking the train from Pattaya to Bangkok, which I think goes once a day... then taking the train from Bangkok to I think Butterworth?? or maybe it goes all the way to Johor, then you can get a right into Singapore. Hope that helps.

I remember the old days, like a year ago, when there were only three buses a day to the old Bangkok airport... at least there are like six now...

Oh, another idea... what about a bus from Pattaya to the Cambodian border, then another bus to Phon Penn, then a flight from there to Singapore?

Yet another idea: how about a flight from U-Tapao to Samui, then another flight from there to Singapore?? Too bad Bangkok Air doesn't have a "through" fare, and forces you to buy two expensive tickets... but at least you can tell Bell freak off...

Whats a monger?

Whats a monger?

You cant be that innocent !

Whats a monger?

You cant be that innocent !

It's a good question.

Weho: Just a silly muse, there is not one fact in your post. What's your issue with Bell?

I think I am the only one that takes the train on this board (to Malaysia). Train to BKK is four hours in 3rd class/heat, why?

You can take the train to HTY for 650 and minibus to PNG 280 or the fancy train a/c for 1100 BRW. From there you can catch an overnight to Sentral and bus/train to JHB or on to SIN.

Edited by luumak