Success Opening Bank Account

rrose070

After much looking-into, my fella Dan (this is my TV account, he just commentates) walked into a BofA today and walked out 10 mins. later with a Thai bank account, ATM card, Pin and shortly after arriving home...online banking access. All he needed was his passport, his $ and our home address. Hopefully this will help someone, anyone, stressing about this as we had been. Thanks!

After much looking-into, my fella Dan (this is my TV account, he just commentates) walked into a BofA today and walked out 10 mins. later with a Thai bank account, ATM card, Pin and shortly after arriving home...online banking access. All he needed was his passport, his $ and our home address. Hopefully this will help someone, anyone, stressing about this as we had been. Thanks!

It seems funny that some farang have difficulty obtaining a Thai bank account.

Maybe it just depends on your appearance or weather the bank employess serving you is having a good day! :o

On the two occasions I have opened a bank account (whilst living in TL on a tourist visa) all ive been asked to provide is a copy of my passport and deposit some cash. Well this was the case at Siam Commercial Bank (Chiang Mai) and Siam City Bank (Lamai, Samui) anyway.

Glad to hear it, rrose070! Seems like BofA might be looking to expand their deposit reserves.

I tried SCB last year in CM- no go without a 1 yr visa, which I did not have at that time. This was just after the coup, and the Oct 1 Thai immigration law (enforcement) changes. And no, not based on appearances- I'm in my mid 50's, was nattily attired in slacks/polo, etc.....and had 800,000 B to open the account with. Bangkok Bank ended up with my money, and a new customer!

Happily there is at least one bank that is willing to accept new clients without insisting on the 1 yr visa.... :o

Bank are like . . shake swimming in the sea ..

there are scary looking powerful . if you don't bleed there will leave you alone ..

but when you got any accident and start bleeding .. you are one good meal for them ..

like i alway said ..

bank are there during sunny days ,, and when it rain there will close their umbralla and leave you wet ..

as for opening bank account i have 4 account in thailand i and i am lucky i speak ok thai ..

so far i have no problem opening any bank account ..

with all access ..

just a small note .. flash your cash .. trust me no bank would turn away anyone flashing 500k .. at them ..

you can alway take it out right after you D/p it 555555555 that would see a nice jaw drop from the branch MG whahhahahahahahhahaha

i did it to one bank cos i just don't like his silly smile i d/p 500k and then start an account paid 300 baht for ATM and so on .. and 5 min later i withdraw the money all 500 k whahhahahahah

trust me the look on the MG face is priceless