Desperately Seeking Trink

Momo8

Years ago when I was living in Thailand I used to love to read his posts in the Bangkok post Nite Owl.He dropped out of sight once that column was closed down so what happened to him?Someone else asked this question on another thread.

Is he still writing somewhere?Many people though he was a male chauvenist pig,whatever,but he was still entertaining.Whether people loved him or hated him he did have a good insight into BKK life.

Any clues?

Edited by Momo8

Hahaha.....

"There once was a member called Momo

Who started a thread about Trink...

She is smart,cool and sassy

And irresistably classy

And she was snapped up and married in a blink"

Had another friend who was a friend of Trink.He used to chase him down the street in in Nana he doesn't know what happened to him either.Thanks anyway Andrew.

Edited by Momo8

Hahaha.....

"There once was a member called Momo

Who started a thread about Trink...

She is smart,cool and sassy

And irresistably classy

And she was snapped up and married in a blink"

Had another friend who was a friend of Trink.He used to chase him down the street in in Nana he doesn't know what happened to him either.Thanks anyway Andrew.

'in a blink'? Is that really your eye?

I just can't stop gazing at it. Have you got two of them?

For Limericks, I've been trying to think of words that rhyme with Momo and Momo8 but can't.

Andrew

Here are the two parts of an interview I did with Bernard back in the middle of 2004.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly/weekly170.html

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly/weekly171.html

I have plans to do a follow up very soon because as can be seen from Thai Visa, and other forums, people want to know what he is up to.

The only sad thing about the interview was the pictures I got of him which were a little unflattering, but he was keen for them to be used.

Here are the two parts of an interview I did with Bernard back in the middle of 2004.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly/weekly170.html

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly/weekly171.html

I have plans to do a follow up very soon because as can be seen from Thai Visa, and other forums, people want to know what he is up to.

The only sad thing about the interview was the pictures I got of him which were a little unflattering, but he was keen for them to be used.

An interesting and sad interview.

The link to his website doesn't work. Is it shut down?

He really wasn't very worldly if he actually expected people to pay to read his stuff on line, when there is almost the whole gamut of written human culture available free of charge. He complained that all his devoted fans ,who promised to follow him to end of the earth, all disappeared and failed to support him on the net.

All he had to do was run the site for free and pick up his income from advertising. Surely as the "most famous farang in Thailand" he could have found a few people to help and set it up for him?

I was amazed to discover he spoke no Thai - very revealing.

A sad, not very bright loner, whose time is long past.

A sad, not very bright loner, whose time is long past.

Sad - perhaps

Not very bright - I beg to differ, he's very bright.

Whose time has passed - At least he had a time Mobi.

Well my earlier post will demonstrate that I acknowledged his place in Thai folk lore and I'm certainly not one of the PC brigade who abhorred his unique column, but if you read the interview, I'm afraid he really doesn't come across as terribly bright.

Not bright enough to move with the times and to use his acknowledged huge readership base to develp his comumn into something better for the 21st century. Not bright enough to learn a bit of the language in the country has lived in for 40 years. If he was bright, and the worldly-wise, crafty old owl he liked to make out he was, then he wouldn't be in the somewhat dire position, that by his own admission, he now finds himself.

As I say sad.

If that's what 'having a time' means, then I'm glad I didn't. :o

Hey why have posts been deleted here Mods?Thanks I got my answer but why delete posts?

Have you ever been in a multi story car park and your parking perfectly well when a guy comes up behind you with a whistle? It's annoying to say the least, but remember its all he has. Same thing with mods all they have in the world is a delete button let them enjoy their nano second of power. :o

Hey why have posts been deleted here Mods?Thanks I got my answer but why delete posts?

Have you ever been in a multi story car park and your parking perfectly well when a guy comes up behind you with a whistle? It's annoying to say the least, but remember its all he has. Same thing with mods all they have in the world is a delete button let them enjoy their nano second of power. :o

Good point. :D

Power of the delete botton. Useless in real life but here it ruuuuuuuuuuuules!!!

Good point. :D

Power of the delete botton. Useless in real life but here it ruuuuuuuuuuuules!!!

Droning on about Trink again... he certainly did make his mark and is remarkably long lived.

Forgot to mention that there's a book about him called, guess what, "I Don't Give a Hoot'. It's in the bookshops.

There's also a great book by Jerry Hopkins called 'Bangkok Babylon' which is a series of profiles of Bangkok expat characters and one of them is Trink. It's not very complimentary!

Over and out!

Andrew