Medical Insurance

danvisady

Hi Andy. I have been talking to a guy on the forum about this matter. He came up with one which sounds quite good. It's with Bupa. The one we are looking at is the Emerald plan. Give it a look.

jb1

<removed link>

Edited by Totster

Hi Andy. I have been talking to a guy on the forum about this matter. He came up with one which sounds quite good. It's with Bupa. The one we are looking at is the Emerald plan. Give it a look.

jb1

The BUPA Emerald plan is very good ‘low cost’ insurance. However as you have the fortune to be a Thai Visa member we suggest looking at the standard 1m Baht Thai Visa scheme which not only offers more than the Emerald plan but has a lower premium !!

To the good folks at TVI:

While I am aware of the use of the word 'scheme' in Commonwealth countries, in American parlance the word 'scheme' denotes something devious or fraudulent if not downright illegal.

Might I suggest the use of the work 'Plan' or 'Policy'.

Good point about 'scheme'. It has taken me many years to get the more negative connotation out of my head when reading about anything with the word scheme in it. I think the negativity still lingers, because I find myself shying away from anything involving scheme.

When I think of scheme, I think of things like a 'pyramid scheme'. Unfortunately, it's often used in gov't programs, which sometimes don't help to give it a less negative connotation!

English v American. 2 nations divided by a common language.

I went to the pub the other night, there was a girl wearing a very colourful dress.

I had to queue at the bar for ages to get a drink. Later i needed to go to the toilet.

I said "hi" to the girl.

I must have drunk too much because i was pi55ed when i went home.

In the morning i cleaned my car, i made sure to tidy the boot & look under the bonnet.

I also checked the tyre pressures.

I went to the bar the other night, there was a girl wearing a very colorful dress.

I had to stand in line at the bar for ages to get a drink. Later i needed to go to the rest room.

I said "hey" to the girl.

I must have drunk too much because i was drunk when i went home.

In the morning i cleaned my car, i made sure to tidy the trunk & look under the hood.

I also checked the tire pressures.

Edited by Lancashirelad

Bupa is a very poor option when considering health insurance. Read the small print.

Friend this week was refused MRI scan because the Bupa office suspected it was possibly a tumor (exlusion) and he paid himself. It is Japanese B en...!

Bupa are indeed poor if not utter w a n k!

The Small Print:

(BUPA) will not pay for any benefits during the first six months from the first Policy commencement date for the treatment of or arising from the symptoms or complications of the following diseases:

-- Benign or malignant tumour or cancer, polyps, cysts.

After the waiting period, (BUPA) will only cover these diseases and conditions if:

-- such conditions are not pre-existing

-- The covered person has fully recovered from such (pre-existing) diseases or conditions.

contacted thaivisa insurance ... was told i had to alos be a member of pattaya expats club .

now i can join of course if i need to , but there meetings are sooooo boring lol .. and what if i don't live in pattaya ! luckily i'm not far from there so i can go join ..

contacted thaivisa insurance ... was told i had to alos be a member of pattaya expats club .

now i can join of course if i need to , but there meetings are sooooo boring lol .. and what if i don't live in pattaya ! luckily i'm not far from there so i can go join ..

Silentnine

Sorry, there's some mistake - The Pattaya Exxpats Club has nothing to do with Thai Visa Insurance applications so please contact Thai Visa Insurance again and apply directly

jb1

The BUPA Emerald plan is very good ‘low cost’ insurance. However as you have the fortune to be a Thai Visa member we suggest looking at the standard 1m Baht Thai Visa scheme which not only offers more than the Emerald plan but has a lower premium !!

I can't find any "standard 1m Baht Thai Visa scheme" in the form ... did it change?

What are the deductibles and co-pay percentage?

Thank you

Martian

Yes, all premiums are annual.

This is a 'low cost' plan(s) and so have no 'co-pay percentages' or 'deductibles' - they will pay out up to the limits shown in the policies.

Thank you for the prompt reply, are the limits per annum or per person for life?

Martian

English v American. 2 nations divided by a common language.

I went to the pub the other night, there was a girl wearing a very colourful dress.

I had to queue at the bar for ages to get a drink. Later i needed to go to the toilet.

I said "hi" to the girl.

I must have drunk too much because i was pi55ed when i went home.

In the morning i cleaned my car, i made sure to tidy the boot & look under the bonnet.

I also checked the tyre pressures.

I went to the bar the other night, there was a girl wearing a very colorful dress.

I had to stand in line at the bar for ages to get a drink. Later i needed to go to the rest room.

I said "hey" to the girl.

I must have drunk too much because i was drunk when i went home.

In the morning i cleaned my car, i made sure to tidy the trunk & look under the hood.

I also checked the tire pressures.

For God's sake I hope you didn't mention her fanny! :o

Back to the OP's question. Have had Bupa for years, very happy with it. No problems with settlement on our hospital claims.

Do people think the OPD benefit is worth the extra ~10,000 baht premium?

And is the Repatriation benefit of USD 1,000,000 correct? or should that be baht?

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/medical-pack...its-1m1.5m.html

It is correct, the 1m is USD not Baht).

Please note this is repatriation back to Thailand should you have problems overseas (that's because you live in Thailand).

If you wish to go 'the other way' i.e. from anywhere to where you have stated on the application form, then we have a policy which will do that for approx 14,000 Baht per year.