Another Development On Jomtien Beach Road?

wpcoe

About a week ago I noticed that the large open area on Jomtien Beach Road just south of the Jomtien Beach Condos was cleared. Then two days ago I noticed a tall, white plywood fence enclosing the area.

Any idea what's going to go in there? The rest of VT-7, perhaps? :o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About a week ago I noticed that the large open area on Jomtien Beach Road just south of the Jomtien Beach Condos was cleared. Then two days ago I noticed a tall, white plywood fence enclosing the area.

Any idea what's going to go in there? The rest of VT-7, perhaps? :o

That area was cleared about 1 year ago .They probably put up the fence to keep out squatters who had started setting up inside .I live in JBC ,and am due back there from Europe in a few weeks ,so would be interested if anyone knows whats due to be built there if anything ?

That area was cleared about 1 year ago .They probably put up the fence to keep out squatters who had started setting up inside .I live in JBC ,and am due back there from Europe in a few weeks ,so would be interested if anyone knows whats due to be built there if anything ?

It was cleared again, totally, in the past week to 10 days. I just noticed today that there's now a small guard shack type of structure just inside the entry way into the lot. No signage of any type, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on the situation?

I keep forgetting to take my camera, but the 3m high plywood fence has subsequently been fitted with one of those tall construction-site entrance gates, so I don't think this is a fence merely to keep out squatters. And, as I seem to recall, the entire plot of land was stripped down to bare soil. Odd, though, that there is no signage to indicate what's going in there.

I couldn't find a map on that Norwegian "The Beach" web site. I wonder where that is going to be?

Any updates on the situation?

I keep forgetting to take my camera, but the 3m high plywood fence has subsequently been fitted with one of those tall construction-site entrance gates, so I don't think this is a fence merely to keep out squatters. And, as I seem to recall, the entire plot of land was stripped down to bare soil. Odd, though, that there is no signage to indicate what's going in there.

I couldn't find a map on that Norwegian "The Beach" web site. I wonder where that is going to be?

Yes, there are three "maps" on "The Beach" website.......taken from Google Earth. The views show Thailand, then Pattaya and then the location of the development..............right on the location being discussed. From the Home Page, click on the link titled "The Beach" and you'll see the views and then click "For større kart>>>" to see an enlarged view.

Edited by Taijitu

Yes, there are three "maps" on "The Beach" website.......taken from Google Earth. The views show Thailand, then Pattaya and then the location of the development..............right on the location being discussed. From the Home Page, click on the link titled "The Beach" and you'll see the views and then click "For større kart>>>" to see an enlarged view.

Son of a gun! How did I miss clicking on "The Beach" link? Thanks for the directions.

Yes, indeed, that's what's going up next to Jomtien Beach Condos. I wonder if the 60 floor (!) condo building will affect the nice views from the south-facing JBC units. I also wonder how elaborate that "shopping mall at the beach end" will be.

Yes its the Beach .Google earth shows it at least i year ago ,when that site was full of trees .At 60 floors its bound to take many peoples views in JBC ,which only has around 15 floors . Does not effect me in JBC ,as i already don't have a view ,facing another block .At least it seem to be a rather upmarket development ,which may improve the area .

Soon they will be starting the second road in Jomtien ,which will cut JBC in half ,and run between the two pools .It will also cut through that site .

Yes its the Beach .Google earth shows it at least i year ago ,when that site was full of trees .At 60 floors its bound to take many peoples views in JBC ,which only has around 15 floors . Does not effect me in JBC ,as i already don't have a view ,facing another block .At least it seem to be a rather upmarket development ,which may improve the area .

Soon they will be starting the second road in Jomtien ,which will cut JBC in half ,and run between the two pools .It will also cut through that site .

Seems to be very close to the MSL don't you think?

Seems to be very close to the MSL don't you think?

If you're alluding to the 100m/200m VT7 brouhaha, I think The Beach will be safe.

In a previous post, Taijitu said: "Moving from east to west, the project (on paper) will consist of a 60-floor condo, a hotel, a multi-floor carpark and then a shopping mall at the beach end."

With a shopping mall and carpark at the front (toward the beach) I think the condo tower will probably be about where the S1 & S2 Jomtien Beach Condo buildings are, which should be far enough back.

In fact, if The Beach project design took into consideration the new "Jomtien Second Road" that will slice through the Jomtien Beach Condo project, their condo tower probably is going to be next to te S1 &S2 buildings, with access from both roads.

Using the images currently available on GoogleEarth, I added some landmarks to show just where this construction plot is. The yellow line from the tide line to the Jomtien Beach Condo was drawn with the Google Earth "Ruler" tool and shows there is plenty of room beyond 200m to build the tall condo that seems to be destined for the site. (Yeah, I know. I have too much time on my hands. Retirement is grand!)

post-33251-1195831069_thumb.jpg

What surprises me is that there is no hording up detailing the project and every real estate agent trying to sell it off plan before the land is even purchased.

Looks like this developer has no problem with the funding of this project, 60 floors is a bit ambitious, yes I own A property in JBC that faces this and would prefer it not to be there but if this not there then it would probably be something worse like another VTC.

I like the idea of a high class shopping mall, with the second road, it would make sense that the mall should occupy the ground floor all the way from Beach Rd to Second Rd.

BB

What surprises me is that there is no hording up detailing the project and every real estate agent trying to sell it off plan before the land is even purchased.

Looks like this developer has no problem with the funding of this project, 60 floors is a bit ambitious, yes I own A property in JBC that faces this and would prefer it not to be there but if this not there then it would probably be something worse like another VTC.

I like the idea of a high class shopping mall, with the second road, it would make sense that the mall should occupy the ground floor all the way from Beach Rd to Second Rd.

BB

I did hear it's a 6 lane highway going through the condo!!!!!!! is that correct.? :o

>I did hear it's a 6 lane highway going through the condo!!!!!!! is that correct.? <

It will run between the two pools in JBC ,so that would allow enough width for about 2 lanes ,definitely not 6 .

According to the Department of Planning and Public Works (basd in the Ciry Hall), the road will be just over 7.2 kilometres long and 30 metres wide.........and that is enough for 6 lanes. There will also be a narrow central reservation that will be lit. This information is freely available for you at the City Hall and the Planning Assistant (Khun Anne) speaks perfect English. Stop the speculation and go find out.

>I did hear it's a 6 lane highway going through the condo!!!!!!! is that correct.? <

It will run between the two pools in JBC ,so that would allow enough width for about 2 lanes ,definitely not 6 .

According to the Department of Planning and Public Works (basd in the Ciry Hall), the road will be just over 7.2 kilometres long and 30 metres wide.........and that is enough for 6 lanes. There will also be a narrow central reservation that will be lit. This information is freely available for you at the City Hall and the Planning Assistant (Khun Anne) speaks perfect English. Stop the speculation and go find out.

Thanks for the info .Do you know when they are likely to start ?I know that there was a hold up to do with acquiring lands .

Thanks for the info .Do you know when they are likely to start ?I know that there was a hold up to do with acquiring lands .

Notice post at JBC was that laying of the drains was due to start in September, it did not mention which year though!

BB

Thanks for the info. Do you know when they are likely to start ? I know that there was a hold up to do with acquiring lands .

I went to the Department of Planning & Public Works one year ago and asked this question. In all, there were 602 land owners involved in the expropriation and, at that time, there were still just over 400 land owners still to sign.....the main ones being the owners of Villa Navin and Jomtien Beach Condominium. Expropriation of the land involved is now complete.

But........it's a silly road. Jomtien doesn't need a road of this immense size and in this position and, as usual, it's all about money and fukking face. Look at the stages of the road heading into Pattaya just after Thepprasit Road and the junction with Pattaya Third Road. Thanks to the selfish, narrow-minded and unfeeling nature of the &lt;deleted&gt; they call "City Fathers" (vomit), a few businesses have gone to the wall because of the delay in completion of the road..........but who the &lt;deleted&gt; cares.....they don't for sure. They couldn't run a p1ss up in a brewery.

Edited by Taijitu

Jomtien certainly doesn't need a six lane road but it DOES need a second road. It will likely be a nice wide two lane. I think Beach Road property will appreciate even more if people can get to the properties during the Thai holidays. As it is now it is VERY difficult to even move during holidays. Beach Road is no more than walking speed and many times even worse.

there is room for 6 lanes, the road will be a continuation of Tappraya Rd (the Pattaya to Jomtien road that runs over the hill) so to get some idea of what it is going to be like just look at that road, (prospect of it being completed in my life time is slim).

6 lanes is not a lot really, just look at 2nd road back of Royal Gardens Shopping Mall to see what I mean, there will be 2 lanes parking (1 each side) 2 lanes double parking, waiting baht busses, street vender's, etc, (one each side) and 2 lane left for moving traffic, if they want 2 lane traffic to to go the same direction then they will have to make it one way.

Pity there will be no room for side walks but this is Pattaya where City Halls policy is defiantly no usable side walks.

This road is well overdue as Jomtien really needs a third road now.

BB

Thanks guys for all this information. Since I own a unit in JBC S1 building with a view towards this site, I was quite concerned about this news.

When I bought my condo 2 years ago, I did not make any illusions about the great view lasting forever. Before the purchase I questioned the broker quite thoroughly about the local building rules. I was then told about the 100/200 meter rules and concluded that my condo would not lose the sea view completely even in the worst case scenario i.e. the building of a similar (china wall style) building obstructing around 90 degrees of the present 180 degrees panoramic view. As somebody here guessed the new development could be scandinavian, I googled and got a hit to a site with a 30 storeys china wall picture, which made my quite depressed. Fortunately this was another project to further south of JBC. After seeing the information about the Beach, I was feeling a bit better. The high towers will not obstruct the view that badly, since there is space between the buildings. Obviously they are following the 200 meter rule (somehow I believe the Norwegians will play by the book). As I understand from their plans the 100-200 meter zone will consist of the shopping mall and the parking house with a pool area on top. Hopefully these buildings will be lower than my 11th floor condo.

The new second road is another project wich will create some inconvenience during the coming years. Last time I was in Pattaya I stood between the 2 pools and tried to imagine a 6 lane road. No way without demolishing part of one (or both) of the pool constructions. In any case the pools will be just a few meters away from a noisy road. Also, the garden and childrens playground will be lost too. Furthermore, who will pay for the reconstruction works? I assume it will be us, since the price the city pays for the expropriated land is peanuts. Obviously, two new gatehouses must be built as well.

The maintenance fees will increase dramatically, especially for S1 and S2, beacuse of double number of security guards and extra electricity costs at the other gatehouse.

Does anybody want to buy my condo?