Should We Cancel Our Trip To Koh Samui? (18nov07)

Regardless of whether you are indoors or out, in a pub or on the beach - when you live in a country where it's cold and rainy all year long - every little bit of sunshine and dry weather helps

After about 10 years in Estonia, I can feel your pain. However, today it's BEAUTIFUL outside. Can't say how long it will last but I haven't seen it this nice in over a month.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its the rainy season. It will most likely rain at some point. Koh Phangan did not get badly flooded and although there is still rain, most roads are passable. Koh Samui did get flooded and within 2 days the roads were usable. I think you are stressing about this way too much.

But, if you are absolutely determined to avoid rain then go to Chiang Mai instead. Its not the rainy season in the North.

Its the rainy season. It will most likely rain at some point. Koh Phangan did not get badly flooded and although there is still rain, most roads are passable. Koh Samui did get flooded and within 2 days the roads were usable. I think you are stressing about this way too much.

But, if you are absolutely determined to avoid rain then go to Chiang Mai instead. Its not the rainy season in the North.

But it is cold.

But it is cold.

Just terrible....I currently have 27 C at 9 PM here in Chiang Mai.

If you make it up here, be sure to bring your ski parka and wool socks. :o

But it is cold.

If you make it up here, be sure to bring your ski parka and wool socks. :o

Look at the minimum

http://www.weather.go.th/en/province.php?id=2

If you make it up here, be sure to bring your ski parka and wool socks. :D

Have not been in chiang mai for 2-3 years now, but i remember November, december in the past that sock where actually needed in the night-time. Felt really cold. But ok, since mcgriffith is living there we might let him do the chiang mai comments!

Im however living in Samui and enjoying the 6th or 7th? day in a row with lowely weather. Actually had to start watering the plants in the garden again.

But like others said, its the tropics, its the rain season, we have to expect rain. And everybody know that. Its just the heavy flooding i think tourist might be interessted in avoiding if possible, and that seems to be over for this time. Hopefully. :o

But like others said, its the tropics, its the rain season, we have to expect rain. And everybody know that. Its just the heavy flooding i think tourist might be interessted in avoiding if possible, and that seems to be over for this time. Hopefully. :o

Exactly...I dont care too much if it is raining, but hearing about floods/disaster zones....thats not something i expected

Hi does anyone know where I can find a website which has average annual climate conditions table including temperature and rainfall for different parts of Thailand (Phuket, Samui, Chaing Mai Bangkok etc etc).

I don't want to hijak the thread so perhaps someone could PM me with a link. :o

Thanks.

Hi does anyone know where I can find a website which has average annual climate conditions table including temperature and rainfall for different parts of Thailand (Phuket, Samui, Chaing Mai Bangkok etc etc).

I don't want to hijak the thread so perhaps someone could PM me with a link. :o

Thanks.

Try this link and take it from there. Probably has some stuff in it you're looking for.

We're leaving tonight, and we've decided to keep our plans as before!

So.. one last humoungous thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to write.

Hopefully the good weather will continue until we arrive on the 18th (off to Bangkok first!).

Excited now!

We're leaving tonight, and we've decided to keep our plans as before!

So.. one last humoungous thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to write.

Hopefully the good weather will continue until we arrive on the 18th (off to Bangkok first!).

Excited now!

:o:D

I'll bet !

Hope we don't get too many questions about the weather.....would keep us rather busy...76 posts now...... :D :D

Hope 'Natalidi' informs us about the wild partying, lots of Red Bull and sleepless Full Moon party, AND nice weather.

LaoPo

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry to took forever to get back, how sad it is to be back in the Icy cold of winter . . .

We had a great time, with amazing weather. In fact, though it was my fourth time in Samui, it was the best weather I've ever had in Samui!"

Thanks again for all your help!

Happy holidays !

I'm so sorry to took forever to get back, how sad it is to be back in the Icy cold of winter . . .

We had a great time, with amazing weather. In fact, though it was my fourth time in Samui, it was the best weather I've ever had in Samui!"

Happy holidays !

The Gods smiled upon you for having faith.So pleased everything worked out for the best.

Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays !

Glad it worked out for you,see you can faith in Thai Visa.