Trendy Condominiums

Wondering: has any progress been made on this refit of an old building next to the Ambassador Hotel?

Someone is selling a condo in there on the Accomodation Finding forum, saying completion Nov/Dec 2007. I walked by and looked up there almost every day in 2006 and saw very little work being done. Elderly friend of mine from Omni Tower had bought a 2-BR in there and was later convinced he would never have the condo or the money back... Scary business, buying real estate under those conditions. Not for the faint-hearted!

The Trendy condos are on Soi 11. I guess that makes 2 of us who don't know what you are referring to.

You can walk up and down Soi 11 all day and you won't find the Trendy.

It's on Soi 13.

Some units are being turned over to the owners.

The word is the workmanship/finish is crummy.

Skyscraper City thread here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=147756

Edited by PadThaiGuy

The Trendy condos are on Soi 11. I guess that makes 2 of us who don't know what you are referring to.

It's on Soi 13.

Considered buying one myself. Office Lady took us up the elevator to look at the rubble that would in theory be a luxury condo, and soon. I'm soooo happy I didn't buy!

If someone can post a pic of what it looks like now, that would be great.

It's on Soi 13.

Considered buying one myself. Office Lady took us up the elevator to look at the rubble that would in theory be a luxury condo, and soon. I'm soooo happy I didn't buy!

If someone can post a pic of what it looks like now, that would be great.

Take the pic from the roof of the Ambassador, it's pleasant up there if you haven't been, and it's got a great view down on "The Trendy." :o

Was at the Trendy this afternoon looking at units.

Its no luxury condo, but it was sold at a reasonable price, and I think those that bought, especially off plan got a decent deal. The pool is a nice area especially. Common areas are very run of the mill, and yes, the finishing is a bit below par, but 80% of all condo buildings here suffer the same problems.

They started handing over a couple months ago, but the office today said that there are 20 rooms actually occupied, as of today. its a bit of a ghost town at the moment, but im sure it will pick up. Im not too sure however that the retails space will be filled. Those units are absolutely huge, and probably only major investors could afford the rent, and im pretty sure the building is in the wrong lace for that kind of thing.

Its no luxury condo, but it was sold at a reasonable price, and I think those that bought, especially off plan got a decent deal. The pool is a nice area especially. Common areas are very run of the mill, and yes, the finishing is a bit below par, but 80% of all condo buildings here suffer the same problems.

They started handing over a couple months ago, but the office today said that there are 20 rooms actually occupied, as of today. its a bit of a ghost town at the moment, but im sure it will pick up. Im not too sure however that the retails space will be filled. Those units are absolutely huge, and probably only major investors could afford the rent, and im pretty sure the building is in the wrong lace for that kind of thing.

'err ummm' there were at least three comments that you (not you Moonfruit) should be contributing to The Trendy thread.

Edited by pkrv

You didn't happen to look on level 17 did you? I'm coming to Bkk for final inspection mid December, G.A has told me my unit will be complete but I just can't believe them. I really don't want to waste another trip if it's not ready :o

Cheers

You didn't happen to look on level 17 did you? I'm coming to Bkk for final inspection mid December, G.A has told me my unit will be complete but I just can't believe them. I really don't want to waste another trip if it's not ready :o

Cheers

Exile,

You will be wasting your time and a trip! I guarantee you that it won't be ready and there will still be a long snagging list.

Grand Asset Staff are a total bunch of liars!

Good luck to you mate.

:D