Mac Support?

theCatat

hi,

I'm a Mac user too. In Thailand, most of peopl here using PC. However, most of Mac user r graphic designer, animation guy, video editor, and printing house. I'm a graphic designer so it's easier to design on Mac.

what kind of mac support can i expect? software availability, technical, hardware

In BKK has Apple Center, u can find it at Siam Discovery, near Starbuck.

hmm about software, There r sell in Apple Center also but if u need 150฿ CD u can find them at Pantip or Fortune tower.

I will give u Mac center website but it's in Thai. Hope it may be useful.

http://www.maccenter.co.th/

here is address and contact number

Macintosh Center Co.,Ltd.

149/4 Modern Home Tower, Nonsee Rd., Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand.

Tel : 02-681-2054-6

Email : [email protected]

:o:D:D:D:D:wub:-_-

Mac user too..

<<easier on Mac.

same here. mac is my preference, but i also have a pc

thank you VERY much for the contact numbers. i know siam centre so it won't be too difficult to find my way there.

<<if u need 150fl CD

could you translate? not sure what that means.

cat

same here. graphics and web. mac is my preference, but i also have a pc for viewing websites.
Me too, :D

I use it for viewing and checking files from mac (to make sure that my customer can open the files too).

<<if u need 150fl CD. Could you translate? not sure what that means.

:o I mean illegal CD :D

I will give u another website. I bought my mac from here.

http://www.spv.co.th/

Thailand is predominantly PC. I think it's because of two reasons: Thai universities don't actively promote Mac use, and Macs are generally more expensive (which is anathema to Thais). I remember when I did tech support for a large branch of a multinational company... there was only 1 mac among thousands of PCs. Only 1 person knew how to use it, and it wasn't used that often.

However, there are Mac users in Thailand, especially in art and graphics design. There are at least 1 or 2 Mac stores in every major computer shopping center. Legit Mac software is available, along with not-so-legit software, but a bit harder to find than their PC counterparts, and with less variety.

So, you won't be alone when using Macs in Thailand, and you will be able to find Mac products. Just don't expect the abundance found in the US or other places.

There are at least 1 or 2 Mac stores in every major computer shopping center. Legit Mac software is available, along with not-so-legit software, but a bit harder to find than their PC counterparts, and with less variety.

So, you won't be alone when using Macs in Thailand, and you will be able to find Mac products. Just don't expect the abundance found in the US or other places.

thanks for filling me in. that's what i was looking for.

"abundance" i wish!

i don't live in the us so i'm not sure just what is available out there. in my experience the uk is pretty poor, and asia [where i am now] not much better when it comes to choice for the mac. i've been buying all of my software as well as computer books online these past ten years.

cat