The Search For The Great British Banger

timekeeper

after trying many of the sausages available from the major stores in Pattaya, i am still trying to find an

authentic tasting british banger. does anyone have any recomendations. (keep it clean please)

Try the ones in Villa Market (The Avenue, 2nd Road), they're very tasty and quite authentic. Only come in packs of three though (what else comes in packs of three?), and fairly expensive, so good for a treat.

The breakfast sausages at Foolmart are good and about Bt130 a pack of about 10. Don't get the thicker ones, these are the best at about 3/4 ". They have loads of varieties but I consider these the best. They cook well from frozen as well.

Where is Foolmart exactly? Sounds like a chain of beer bars.

I just used the last of an 8-pack of Yorkies English pork sausages (bought at Best) and wasn't impressed. They are overstuffed and despite pricking with a fork and using a low heat or high heat, they explode and need a long time to cook till the pinkness in gone and at that point, the outside is near carbon. The taste was reasonable. They would probably make a great 'Toad in the Hole' but buggered if I am buying an oven for that.

I have also tried the ones from SS Sausage (Belucky) on the Pattaya-Naklua road. They were a lot better stuffed, thinner, cooked much better and were also a decent flavour. However, the smallest pack was 24 (I think) so took me ages to get through them, thus the quest for different and better sausages was stalled.

Try S.S Sausage company on Naklua Road (about half way along on the left if you come from the Dolphin roundabout) Their English sausages are delicious! They also have a large verity of other types of sausage that you can try. They have the same English sausage at Friendship supermarket (probably bought from S.S sausage shop) in smaller portions if you want to try them first.