Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (6 Months)

:o I have recently returned (Today) from Penang, Malaysia where I was given a Multiple entry Tourist Visa 3 times 2 months each time.

Can I apply for another multiple tourist visa after this one expires??? The reason I ask this is because while in Penang I spoke to some other farangs who told me that Thailand was going to pass another change next month that states once you use up a multiple entry tourist visa then you have to Leave Thailand and cannot re-enter Thailand for 6 months. Was told you can stay in Thailand for six months but then have to stay outside Thailand for Six months????Please clarify for me.

Me, I'm a retired U.S. Marine 44 years old. Do not work and live off my retirement pension. Have built a house here in Burirum 3 years ago. Had a non-immigrant type B visa that just expired and was not granted another Non-Immigrant but only a tourist visa. I had a letter from the Royal Thai Marine Corps that stated that I assist them whenever there are U.S. forces in Thailand and that my services were valuable to the Thai Government and the Royal Thai Marine Corps. Had a letter also from a well known Police Colonel stating that I had made Burirum my home and am taking care of 5 Thai citizens however none of this helped.

So bottom line is, if this 6 month only thing becomes a reality then I need to look at other countries to stay in for 6 months a year...Any Suggestions? Anyone in Cambodia? Maybe Philippines.

Thanks

KHUNDAN

That is a sad story. It will be interesting to know if this policy is really true. Best of luck to you however this works out.

Some cheaper places I know about where it is pretty easy for an American to stay, visawise, for six months:

India

Philipines

Mexico

Peru

As you have these "friends"and special cirumstance, why not see if they can hellp you get your visa converted at the local immigration office.

Consulates are alway suspicious of any special story.