Im Going To Get Slated For This! But..

andybkk

nah its true! whenever i talk to farang guys here and tell them i miss western women they think im mad! Theres nothing wrong with thai girls, most are charming! But hey occasionally we all want to spend time with someone from the same background. Am i wrong, are all you girls getting all the attention? if so im missing out! the best advice ive had to meet white women is "try the russian hookers" , er no thanks.

It's nice to know this. :o

i like thai men but i feel the same,its nice to talk to and be with someone who understands u totally,ur jokes etc and is from the same background.

variety is the spice of life though :D

u not met any western woman then?

there's loads on samui etc.

dont get a chance to meet many, i spend half my time here, and half in hong kong. two weeks at a time. Doesnt exactly make me a prime catch! ha. Always seems easier in HK, maybe i just dont know bkk well enough! or surkumvits the wrong place . lol

Dunno don't seem to see many Western birds that aren't blue haired. Course did see a few Scandy Stunnas in Pattaya and they looked like they were a bit gutted since no one seemed to bother with them much.

Faire play Andy- have to agree with you for coversational purposes Western birds are great in most instances though my TGF could equal any Western lady in that department. (literally talk your ear off) :o

hey - totally agree!

After 3 years here now I am crying out for a decent date with someone who may actually understand what im saying - and maybe even get some of my humour..... although maybe thats all gone after 3 years!

I miss all the banter, crack, word plays, teasing, chasing etc!

yes, the chasing - that was always as good as the catch...........

dont get a chance to meet many, i spend half my time here, and half in hong kong. two weeks at a time. Doesnt exactly make me a prime catch! ha. Always seems easier in HK, maybe i just dont know bkk well enough! or surkumvits the wrong place . lol

Sukhumivt is definitely the wrong place! Try Khao San Road. Lots and lots of single girls there and no 'blue hairs' either :o

Hey, I'm single, lived in Bangkok for 2 years because of work, dated rotten men until I couldn't stand to be around them any longer, and would occassionally hang out on Khao San when I got lonely for Western men. Met some great men in my travels, but problem was, they were travelling! They don't stay here, but are just passing through. I have one Norweigan guy that is still calling me after a year, but he can't leave Norway and I'm not moving there.

I'm now in Malyasia and seriously considering moving to Kuala Lumpur. If I can find a professional job here I will be here for another year or so. Urban, hip Malay men seem pretty sexy, so we'll see. But eventually, I definitely plan to move back to the west, unless I meet a man that I could fall in love with out here.

So who said that all farangs wanted Thai girls?? Is it mandatory to have a Thai Gf in Thailand? Some Men Yes they came to thailand for that reason. My Wife who is thai A friend of hers(Thai Man) :o told me he would like a farang gf and asked how he could meet

I don't know how he could do this? They live in udorn thani Not sure about how many foreign people are over there

Yes of course you want to get along with someone from your own background

Sukhumivt is definitely the wrong place! Try Khao San Road. Lots and lots of single girls there and no 'blue hairs' either :D

I would say "try the Irish pubs";

That's where I go when I miss the company of farangs males and seek for a nice and funny chat! :o

hey - totally agree!

After 3 years here now I am crying out for a decent date with someone who may actually understand what im saying - and maybe even get some of my humour..... although maybe thats all gone after 3 years!

I thought you have a girlfriend Ger!!!

never had bamboo fever myself, so it was a relief to find that BKK actually has quite a few young farang/western raised girls there. Actually met my now NZ wife there, so I am happy!

You just got to know where to hang out. Playing sport is a good place, Netball, touch rugby and the like throught the Southherners sports club.

irish pubs, sometimes. Barbican on Tuesday night usually has a good turnout, as well as last friday of the month disco night at the Bulls head. Plenty of opportunity to meet single Farang girls in BKK at least (who live there too)!

never had bamboo fever myself, so it was a relief to find that BKK actually has quite a few young farang/western raised girls there. Actually met my now NZ wife there, so I am happy!

You just got to know where to hang out. Playing sport is a good place, Netball, touch rugby and the like throught the Southherners sports club.

irish pubs, sometimes. Barbican on Tuesday night usually has a good turnout, as well as last friday of the month disco night at the Bulls head. Plenty of opportunity to meet single Farang girls in BKK at least (who live there too)!

Hells bells Chris. You are married. Wow. Congratulations. Albeit to a long white clouder. :o

thanks for that! I kept that pretty quiet. Luckily, she is actually half Aussie, so its tolerable. :o

Both in London now, looking for a job. Looks like I am going to become either a bureaucrat or a high flying consultant. Hopefully might be able to do a bit of Asian based worked....paid in pounds of course. Not sure what I want yet. Will see what comes up I guess.

thanks for that! I kept that pretty quiet. Luckily, she is actually half Aussie, so its tolerable. :o

Both in London now, looking for a job. Looks like I am going to become either a bureaucrat or a high flying consultant. Hopefully might be able to do a bit of Asian based worked....paid in pounds of course. Not sure what I want yet. Will see what comes up I guess.

Issue from the union is gonna be their very own United Nations. :D Again good luck with every little thing in the old dart, and my best wishes mate.

hey - totally agree!

I thought you have a girlfriend Ger!!!

We're on a "break" ala Ross n Rachel!

Well it's nice to see that not all blokes are after Thai girls. I've been living in Thailand for 5 years now and have always had the impression that all (well, 99%) of blokes want Thai girlfriends. This forum hasn't helped with that opinion, I might add!

I know STACKS of girls living here working in the travel industry who are all single and would love to meet other guys aside from the Thai guys we meet on our travels.

So, where do all you blokes hang out? Do you only go to the Irish pubs or do you venture outside to places where there may be Thais hanging out too? (After all, that's one of the reasons we are all here isn't it - the Thai people?)

Hey, I'm single, lived in Bangkok for 2 years because of work, dated rotten men until I couldn't stand to be around them any longer, and would occassionally hang out on Khao San when I got lonely for Western men. Met some great men in my travels, but problem was, they were travelling! They don't stay here, but are just passing through. I have one Norweigan guy that is still calling me after a year, but he can't leave Norway and I'm not moving there.

I'm now in Malyasia and seriously considering moving to Kuala Lumpur. If I can find a professional job here I will be here for another year or so. Urban, hip Malay men seem pretty sexy, so we'll see. But eventually, I definitely plan to move back to the west, unless I meet a man that I could fall in love with out here.

Good choice sweetie. I'm from Malaysia, been living in Bangkok for a year now. Without a doubt, Bangkok is an amazing city but sometimes get really lonely here as not many people speak your language :o

My case is even worse -- Thais see me as farang, not because of my skin colour (i'm chinese) but the language I speak; whereas the farang see me as Thai, and... well I'm not saying I'm ashamed of being seen as a thai, it's just that... alas...

Anyway, personal advice - Western women who like living in Asia and would like to meet someone with like-background and good career, I think Thailand is not your place. I'm not saying that there is no non-jerk farang in Thailand, but compare with other Asian countries, e.g. HK, China (Beijing, Shanghai), Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand seems to offer less.

I'm not saying that there is no non-jerk farang in Thailand, but compare with other Asian countries, e.g. HK, China (Beijing, Shanghai), Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand seems to offer less.

:o:D

That gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that! :D

Thanks for the advice honeyen. I did enjoy KL a lot more. There jut seems to be more of a hip, modern scene over there.

But, unfortunately, I did have a couple of experiences with 2 Malay men, and I am still a little weary. But, alas, there does seem to be more potential there, but I am a Western woman, and it seems I can never relax in S.E. Asia about the different expectations of S.E. Asian men and Westeren women.