Non-immigrant O

Hi

I'm wondering, after you leave the country & get non-imm o visa then go to suan plu and apply for 1 year extention then after 1 month they give you the green light do they give you 1 year from then?( 3 months + 1 month + 1 yr)

or from the start of the under consideration stamp?(3 months + 1 yr)

or from the start of the original visa from outside Thailand?(3 months + 9 months)

Any help appreciated.Thanks!

The time starts from your entry into Thailand on that visa.

Obtain visa in xxx on 7 July 2004

Enter Thailand on 10 July 2004

Apply for extension 10 October 2004, receive stamp for about 45 days

Return about 25 November and receive stamp to 09 July 2005

About 2 July 2005 apply again, receive 45 day stamp,

return/receive final stamp to 09 July 2006

I had a non-imm B, came back from the UK on Jan 18, non-imm B ran out Jun 28. I got a non-imm O (for Thai wife visa) on March 05, to get in before all the visa changes. I had to go back April 15 and got until Jan 17,2005. I was told I would get 1 year then, if required.

Based on what you have just said, you already have your first one year visa as married person. They converted you Non Imm B to an O.

All you need to do is go to immigration on or just before the 17th Jan and apply for a second annual extension. No need to leave the country.

In fact if you do leave, make sure you get a re-entry permit to keep your current visa alive.

Without the re-entry permit you will have to start all over again.

So i got my visa in Penang in March this year,then came back to Thailand immeditly.Waited untill the 3 months was up then applied for the years extention,showed funds etc got it a month later.So you are saying that it's correct that it's valid until March next year.

1 yr from when u get it in Penang. One yr mot loy.It's just that everyone uses the phrase 'extend it a year',i wasn't sure if it was 15 months in total.Wishful thinking.

So when it finishes i have to show funds etc all over again?

Cheers!

It is, as I said before, one year from your entry into Thailand. You obtained and entered immediately so it seems the visa issue date but that is just by chance - if you obtained on 3 March but did not enter Thailand until 12 March the renewal would be due on 11 March.

Yes, you will have to show new funds/papers for renewal sometime in February/March 2005. Renewal will be until same March date as now expires (after normal 30-45 day under consideration).

Much easier to renew in Pattaya. If you apply, say, on Tuesday, you will get your one-year extension on Wednesday - no 30-45 days under consideration. Might be worth coming down to Pattaya for a couple of days. Oh, and you can also partake of the beach life!

I just reapplied for my retirement extension on Friday 20th - nearly a month ahead of when it was due to run out (15th Sep.) - and they will give me the extension (till 15th Sep. 2005) on Monday 23rd.

You need to show that you have the requisite funds and another medical certificate, and 2 photocopies of everything, but really no problem.

Thanks lop.I think i'll use the phrase 'extend it to it's full year',next time.'Extend it a year',threw this first timer.

Cheers!

It is confusing as normally an extension will be for a 365 or 30 day period but they seem to have a one year limit on this type of visa and have to include the time you have already been in country. So the first time it only takes you to one year total. This can be important for those who need to travel at set times each year

The second time round it will all fit into place.

You will apply just before your current year is up and you will get a second year, all in one go, not 3 months + 9 months.

Language is a very confusing form of communication!!

Edited by astral