Phuket Tourist's Tattoo Blunder

WaiWai

Cats fan now knows left from right

Jane Holroyd | November 13, 2007 - 2:47PM

A die-hard Geelong fan is regretting his decision to get a tattoo celebrating the team's premiership victory while on holiday in Thailand last week.

"Neville" told 3AW he paid about $150 for two tattoos on his upper arms while in Phuket last Thursday.

But his loyal attempt to honour his team backfired when instead of the words "Day Premiers 2007", the tattoo artist instead christened Neville's beloved Cats the "Gay Premiers 2007".

"I couldn't believe it," Neville told 3AW this morning, adding he had consumed 15 cans of beer during the five-hour tattooing process.

To make matters worse, Neville's attempts to communicate his wishes clearly to the tattoo artist were taken a little too literally.

Neville had drawn pictures of the tattoos he wanted on each arm with the instructions, "Right Arm" and "Left Arm" to make the delineation clear.

Now, along with the "Gay Premiers" tattoo on his right arm, he has a permanent reminder - should he ever forget - that it is in fact, his right arm.

On his left arm, along with a fierce looking Cat logo and the words "Night Premiers 2006", Neville now has the words, "Left Arm".

"My son-in-law came in . . . and said, 'You know they've written 'Right Arm?'"

"I said, 'You're joking!"

"I said, 'Well now he's done that he might as well do the left arm as well."

Neville said there was some light at the end of the tunnel, with the tattoo of such poor quality it appeared to already be peeling and was almost indecipherable.

3AW's morning hosts Ross Stevenson and John Burns said they would attempt to get Neville a 2008 Geelong membership for his troubles.

brisbanetimes.com.au/ has photos

Edited by WaiWai

I met a guy at the tattoo fair in Bangkok that had another mix up. He showed me a chinese symbol on his forearm that said 'mad' in Chinese.

He wanted it to mean mad as in extreme sports, devil may care, base jumper sort of lifestyle.

However it turned out to mean mad as in retarded, idiot, asylum kind of mad.

What a chuckle!

the tattoo artist instead christened Neville's beloved Cats the "Gay Premiers 2007".

3AW's morning hosts Ross Stevenson and John Burns said they would attempt to get Neville a 2008 Geelong membership for his troubles.

Yes, the Gay Premiers tatt will go down a treat at home games. What a Neville! :o

A few years ago in the UK two supporters of a team called Huddersfield decided to have the club badge tatooed on their arms.

TWO DAYS after they had them the club decided that after having the old crest for over 100 years it was time to change and so unveiled a new one.

The guys were livid and tried without sucess to sue the club !

Bad timing eh?

RFE: /Typo

Edited by ThaiPauly

Another English football moron in Thailand. Sheeesh.

Geography lessons were sleep time for you then. I think you'll get a cool reception in Geelong if you suggest it is really in Pommieland.

Or do you mean the two Huddersfield supporters? If so, where in the post does it say they had the tatts done in Thailand.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have folks think you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Anyway back on topic. My father always maintained that a tattoo was a permanent sign of temporary insanity. Very true words, if it weren't for alcohol tattoo artists would be out of work.

Absolutely......Go to a foreign non-English speaking country, get drunk, and have a life long work of art scribed into your body. Great idea. Where do I sign up?

wot a silly bugger,

I had a tatt done in thailand whilst I was sober, i had the following placed on my chest

THE SWEETEST

WOMAN I HAVE EVER

KISSED WAS ANOTHER

MAN'S WIFE

MY MOTHER

I had the tattooist write it out 3 times to check the spelling and I then checked the stecil.

I didn't want to have my mother described as the sweatiest :o

Sober and not stupid

The storey has made the tele news big time in Melbourne

Another English football moron in Thailand. Sheeesh.

Geography lessons were sleep time for you then. I think you'll get a cool reception in Geelong if you suggest it is really in Pommieland.

Or do you mean the two Huddersfield supporters? If so, where in the post does it say they had the tatts done in Thailand.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have folks think you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Anyway back on topic. My father always maintained that a tattoo was a permanent sign of temporary insanity. Very true words, if it weren't for alcohol tattoo artists would be out of work.

niceone phil :o

Cats fan now knows left from right

Jane Holroyd | November 13, 2007 - 2:47PM

A die-hard Geelong fan is regretting his decision to get a tattoo celebrating the team's premiership victory while on holiday in Thailand last week.

"Neville" told 3AW he paid about $150 for two tattoos on his upper arms while in Phuket last Thursday.

But his loyal attempt to honour his team backfired when instead of the words "Day Premiers 2007", the tattoo artist instead christened Neville's beloved Cats the "Gay Premiers 2007".

"I couldn't believe it," Neville told 3AW this morning, adding he had consumed 15 cans of beer during the five-hour tattooing process.

To make matters worse, Neville's attempts to communicate his wishes clearly to the tattoo artist were taken a little too literally.

Neville had drawn pictures of the tattoos he wanted on each arm with the instructions, "Right Arm" and "Left Arm" to make the delineation clear.

Now, along with the "Gay Premiers" tattoo on his right arm, he has a permanent reminder - should he ever forget - that it is in fact, his right arm.

On his left arm, along with a fierce looking Cat logo and the words "Night Premiers 2006", Neville now has the words, "Left Arm".

"My son-in-law came in . . . and said, 'You know they've written 'Right Arm?'"

"I said, 'You're joking!"

"I said, 'Well now he's done that he might as well do the left arm as well."

Neville said there was some light at the end of the tunnel, with the tattoo of such poor quality it appeared to already be peeling and was almost indecipherable.

brisbanetimes.com.au/ has photos

After 15 cans of beer :o - Som nam na :D

In Australia it is illegal to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while having a tattoo done. It is also illegal to consume or have alcohol on the premises. This guy is an idiot and while I have a certain degree of sympathy for him getting a bad tat - it is very limited. Tattoos are for life and not for a spur of the moment decision.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will shop around for the cheapest possible option for something that is going to be permanently added to their body and then complain that the work is crap.

CB