Where Can I Find Movies In English?

lilly79

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get movies in English?

I tried 3 English movies from Tesco Lotus, but it turned out to be.... all in Thai :D .... not even English subtitles!!!

And which movies are worth to buy/ to watch?! tell me? :o

Lilly

There's a place near the night market that has a good selection. It's just around the corner from the money exchange place that's never open.

Recommending movies to people is just too hard. So many, so many types. Just read the back covers on the DVD cases.

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get movies in English?

I tried 3 English movies from Tesco Lotus, but it turned out to be.... all in Thai :o .... not even English subtitles!!!

Really? I suggest you get DVD, not VCD movies. Guarantee there's lang. option dear. Or they don't sell DVD in Chaing Rai? :D

you can rent movies - DVD or CD - at many shops near town center, in English. just check the covers or ask for help.

lots of Hollywood...

one shop I used to rent at did make their own copies though... they're gone now (or moved), so...

and anyway, how is one to know, with the packaging they do now? just assume?

you can rent movies - DVD or CD - at many shops near town center, in English. just check the covers or ask for help.

lots of Hollywood...

one shop I used to rent at did make their own copies though... they're gone now (or moved), so...

and anyway, how is one to know, with the packaging they do now? just assume?

Best not to take the risk Joel, just imagine the guilt and anguish if you found out it was pirated.

• 2 years later...

Hello!

You ask for English movie-and I have a hard time to find to,but now I just take it down from-google-piratbay-but you have to install a utorrent first-just go google and type utorrent,then it will come-then you go to-piratbay and see what there are and if notging you like,just type the name or title of enything you wont,and then it comes and you can see it or download it.

Brian

Hello!

You ask for English movies-and I have a hard time to find too, but now I just take it down from-google-piratebay-but you have to install a utorrent first-just go google and type utorrent, then it will come-then you go to-piratebay and see what there are and if nothing you like, just type the name or title of anything you want, and then it comes and you can see it or download it.

Brian

…and that's how we do it in the Rai.

…and that's how we do it in the Rai.

Seems to me that the VCD is king and when seeing the vast array of movies in the malls and asking 'pa sa angrit mee mai khap?' was, after a fifteen minute search by the helpful sales person, presented with a choice of 2 Thai movies with English subs :D

With regard to file sharing (of copyright owned legal files of course!)

Many public sites are full of viruses so be extra careful, have very strong and up-to-date virus protection running and check before you download. There are private sites with much better speeds and stringent anti-virus policies. (Or so I've heard! :))

A PM may result in a URL

I know a shop in Chiang Rai that sells genuine (it would seem) movie DVD's in English etc. I think they source some or all their DVD's from MangPong. When I get back to Chiang Rai in April, I'll mark out the exact location on the google map. I can't remember exactly what block its on right now, but it is somewhere on Thanon Phahon Yothin road (street).

Edited by Garry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...