90 Reporting

A couple of questions and a suggestion.

If a person has been here several years and not reported every 90 days, should he start now?

Can a person fulfill his 90 "reporting duty' by fax?

Also, I couldn't find any blank TM47 forms available on this site or any forms for that matter. Did I miss them? If not, as a suggestion, that would be a helpful service.

I would advise doing so before they decide to punish those who have not been reporting more severely.

No. It can not be done by fax.

Forms are available from immigration and you will have to file in person as you not filed. Get extra form and mail procedure and you can then do by mail each time.

Immigration Bangkok would not accept TM.7 that was available for download here (July) so would not expect them to accept any other. Their form TM.47 has a tear line.

Doesn't say on my notice stapled in my passport that I can't report by mail. This is also only the first time such a notice has been stapled in my passport. Also, are these forms avaialbe on a Thai Immigration website?

Thanks.

They did not know you were a non-reporter - you have to show up and pay fine to get on track.

Only Nong Khai immigration has online forms that I know about. They are only for use with that office (unless you have approval to use from another office). But you need to report in person so just fill out form in office.

If a person has been here several years and not reported every 90 days, should he start now?

I was lead to believe its a 2000 baht initial fine and subsequently 200 baht per day and you've been here several years and not reported?

Another question.

What happens if you left the country and came back, say, 2 weeks after the reporting due date.

Would you have to go to Immigration for a new 90 day stamp?

You can get the form at www.thaiimmigration.com

I am pretty sure.

You can mail in the form several days before deadline

with a self addressed stamped envelope and they

will return the receipt. But send it registered in case

of loss or misplacement, so you can argue that you did

make the effort to meet your obligation.

One question I have .....

I did my first 90 day report in person and my passport was

required. So i am not sure if you are reporting for the first

time by mail you can do it without photocopies of the key

passport pages.

I suppose a previous 90 day slip would substitute for

the passport on the 2nd and succeeding reportings.

:o

I was lead to believe its a 2000 baht initial fine and subsequently 200 baht per day and you've been here several years and not reported?

Another question.

What happens if you left the country and came back, say, 2 weeks after the reporting due date.

Would you have to go to Immigration for a new 90 day stamp?

The 90 day clock stops when you exit Thailand and starts again (at one) when you submit TM.6 (arrival card) at immigration.

They did not know you were a non-reporter - you have to show up and pay fine to get on track.

Only Nong Khai immigration has online forms that I know about. They are only for use with that office (unless you have approval to use from another office). But you need to report in person so just fill out form in office.

I only started reporting during the 3rd year of my non-B extension/work permit, etc, after hearing about the regulation second-hand. Chiang Mai immigration didn't fine me when I finally started reporting, didn't say a word about it. Maybe I was just lucky ... :o

According to the Immigration Act, the maximum fine is 2000 baht!!

As already mentioned you are only liable since your last entry to the Kingdom.

Reporting can be done by post, or even at your local police station if there is

no Immigration office in the region.

Edited by astral

They did not know you were a non-reporter

They gave me an one year non-immigrant B visa and didn't know I was a non-reporter?

I'm goin' download me a form, copy me passport pages send me letter to them registered with a SASE and let the chips fall where they may. The fact I will include a letter on my university's letter head may help. :o

They did not know you were a non-reporter

They gave me an one year non-immigrant B visa and didn't know I was a non-reporter?

I'm goin' download me a form, copy me passport pages send me letter to them registered with a SASE and let the chips fall where they may. The fact I will include a letter on my university's letter head may help. :o

I am sure the "me" word will be much more impressive on that stationary. :D

The office involved with reporting is not the same as for extensions. I expect things will be tighter as they get used to computers.

I also suspect your SASE will come back with a notice that:

" Please send the following documents. The original of your most recent 90 day registration" and/or

"your document can not be processed because you have passed the 90 days limit. You must come to the nearest immigration office in person to pay fine 2,000 baht".

But maybe not.

You may now renew your 90 days registration mail.

Procedure:

Send REGISTERED MAIL to:

90 Days Registration,

Room 401, Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu,

South Sathorn Road,

Bangkok 10120

Enclose

1 Photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

1 Photocopy of the page containing your MOST RECENT ENTRY VISA.

The original of your most recent 90 day registration receipt.

The original of your new 90 days registration receipt.

Don't forget to sign it!

A stamped, self-addressed envelope to receive your new receipt.

Please allow at least 1 week for delivery of registered mail.

Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old form.

Important:

If you have passed the 90 days limit, you must come to room 401 immigration

bureau in parson.

To receive a blank registration form, send a stamped, self-addressed

envelope to the address above. Request form TM.47.

Immigration Officer (room 401)

Tel: 02-2862774, 02-2873101-10 Ext. 2240.2242

Above is the present ruling on the 90-days reporting which I have in my files. Guess it is the newest one.

For first time, I would go myself, to RENEW, it can be done by mail.

I am sure the "me" word will be much more impressive on that stationary. :D

Me purposely put those mes in the above for guys like you. :D

I suspected as much so put a :D at the end. If I had taken it seriously it would probably have been a :o

Be aware that the fine can be 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day according to the official website for Thai Immigration so would not turn my back on the normal 2,000 baht fine if still available.

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/forum/index.php?showtopic=23