List Of Unfriendly Thai Embassys And Consulates Needed

The purpose of this post was to collect information for long term tourists in Thailand as well as travelers and backpackers who are traveling through Southeast Asia who may require continued access to Thailand so that they may not have a bad experience and be denied entry and left confused and hating Thailand.

The problem isn't the rules or the laws.

Its the lack of systematic rules and laws.

For example its now clear at the border that you have 90 days out of 180 to enter. This is a good thing.

No more ambiguity. No more insults. No more showing 10,000 bhat and no more worries(pretty much).

They told us last year that we can stay in Thailand after the 90 days expires but we should go out to an embassy to get a proper visa where they can check our criminal background etc,, because this couldn't be done at the border.

But now in Penang even though a person may have a clean background he cant get a tourist visa because the officer in charge thinks this person is a bum living in Pattaya.

Who else would live in Pattaya except a bum?

Is there something sacred about Pattaya?

Im sure if you counted all the bars and massage emporiums in that town and then did the math you could count over 100,000 prostitutes possibly a half million.

Pattaya is the Las Vegas of prostitution and Jo visa runner is not to blame for this if anything he may be a victim of it.

The blame is deep in the heart of Thailand.

Weeding out Jo visa runner will not purify Thailand.

Giving women and girls the same opportunities to study Buddhism at an early age as is given to boys would be a start in the right direction.

Im attempting to attract positive input with the knowledge that this information can also change policy since it has been established that posts on this forum have affected Thai immigration policy.

I just read in the news today that 5 burmese immigrants were burned alive by their Thai employer for stealing food.

Anyone still think that immigration is not a human rights issue?

Visa running is not about Thailand anyway its about freedom.

Visa runners are not criminals any more than people who work for the UN or 7-11 or the Thai government for that matter.

I am not running from any law in the USA in fact I don't even have an outstanding parking ticket.

I am "running" from the USA because of a lack of law and a lack of morality in that country.

I am "running" from a government that has made war on the human race, the planet itself, and on the American people who are now grouped into one of three categories.

1. consumers

2. terrorists

3. potential terrorists

I have spent 5 years in Thailand as a "visa runner"

This 5 years has given me an opportunity to see life from a different perspective and to get some rest from the usual grind and to build some inner strength.

Sometimes I love Thailand and some times I hate Thailand but I will always be grateful for the easy going nature of the Thai people and for their kindness to allow me to stay with them for 5 years as a visa runner because there was no other way.

I could not have qualified for any other visa.

Vientiene, Kotu baru, and Kl are still friendly untill proven not.

All consulates and embassys might be friendly if you provide some kind of documentation, proof of onward journey,proof of finances etc..

For example its now clear at the border that you have 90 days out of 180 to enter.

90 days out of 6 months. NOT 180 days

They told us last year that we can stay in Thailand after the 90 days expires but we should go out to an embassy to get a proper visa where they can check our criminal background etc,, because this couldn't be done at the border.

Who said that? Criminal background check applies to B visa applicants for teaching and for retirees. I don,t believe its required for any other type of visa.

But now in Penang even though a person may have a clean background he cant get a tourist visa because the officer in charge thinks this person is a bum living in Pattaya.

He said that to you?

Lots of expats? Businessmen? People who like a beach?

Im sure if you counted all the bars and massage emporiums in that town and then did the math you could count over 100,000 prostitutes possibly a half million.

100,000 to 500,000. Good to see you understand math. Why not have a spread of say 10 to 2 million? That should cover it.

Pattaya is the Las Vegas of prostitution and Jo visa runner is not to blame for this if anything he may be a victim of it.

Pattaya is by the sea. Last i heard LV was still surrounded by desert. How about Miami as a comparison? Thats by the sea. :D

Giving women and girls the same opportunities to study Buddhism at an early age as is given to boys would be a start in the right direction.

Yup! I see in the news often about the gangs of girls in shoot-outs and gold snatching.

Im attempting to attract positive input with the knowledge that this information can also change policy since it has been established that posts on this forum have affected Thai immigration policy.

Established? By whom? Please enlighten us.

I just read in the news today that 5 burmese immigrants were burned alive by their Thai employer for stealing food.

Anyone still think that immigration is not a human rights issue?

Murder is a human rights issue. Immigration for economic refugees is not.

Visa running is not about Thailand anyway its about freedom.

:o

I am "running" from a government that has made war on the human race, the planet itself, and on the American people who are now grouped into one of three categories.

1. consumers

2. terrorists

3. potential terrorists/

Uh oh. The X files is calling.

I have spent 5 years in Thailand as a "visa runner"

This 5 years has given me an opportunity to see life from a different perspective and to get some rest from the usual grind and to build some inner strength.

Sometimes I love Thailand and some times I hate Thailand but I will always be grateful for the easy going nature of the Thai people and for their kindness to allow me to stay with them for 5 years as a visa runner because there was no other way.

I could not have qualified for any other visa.

I can,t imagine why. Maybe they took pity on a bum in Pattaya?

All consulates and embassys might be friendly if you provide some kind of documentation, proof of onward journey,proof of finances etc..

No kidding.

To sum it up then...............nah, I,d only get banned. :D

Edited by Manchester

funny that nobody has even tried to answer the original question.

Okay here goes

Unfriendly Thai consulates. Depends on your definition of unfriendly

very unfriendly

PP Cambodia

Manila Phillipines

Yangoon Myanmar

Katmandu Nepal

Lankawi Malaysia

Not so friendly after 1 Tourist visa or no proof of onward ticket

Singapore

HCMC or Hanoi Vietnam

Tokyo Japan

Hong Kong

I am sure others can ad more unfriendly ones

The friendlier consulates in the region are

Penang, KL, and Kota Baru Malaysia

Ventiane Laos

I will hazard a guess that you are only aware of this because of previous reports from OTHER posters. Or have you actual experience of each and every one?

The rules are changing as we speak. Literally

Yes from reading other posts and talking to people like my friends and neighbors in CM or in airports and when on visa runs. Any one person is only going to have about 4 experiences per year at most. I am not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say only first hand experience can be relayed?

Okay I can say that every Thai Consulate I have ever used has been a piece of cake. That list includes Los Angeles, Portland, Penang, Kuala Lumpor.

If people don't work together to share information then someone might take a trip to Myanmar etc. and be really bummed out.

Okay here goes

very unfriendly

PP Cambodia

Manila Phillipines

Yangoon Myanmar

Katmandu Nepal

Lankawi Malaysia

Singapore

HCMC or Hanoi Vietnam

Tokyo Japan

Hong Kong

Ventiane Laos

I will hazard a guess that you are only aware of this because of previous reports from OTHER posters. Or have you actual experience of each and every one?

Yes from reading other posts and talking to people like my friends and neighbors in CM or in airports and when on visa runs. Any one person is only going to have about 4 experiences per year at most. I am not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say only first hand experience can be relayed?

Okay I can say that every Thai Consulate I have ever used has been a piece of cake. That list includes Los Angeles, Portland, Penang, Kuala Lumpor.

If people don't work together to share information then someone might take a trip to Myanmar etc. and be really bummed out.

The point is this. What applies to one poster may not apply to another. Lets say one of your friends went to Penang. In his tatty t-shirt and shorts. Visa refused.

He complains on here and now we all assume this is a crap place.

I go with a nice shirt, smile, talk politely. Visa granted.

Thats my point.

Okay here goes

very unfriendly

PP Cambodia

Manila Phillipines

Yangoon Myanmar

Katmandu Nepal

Lankawi Malaysia

Singapore

HCMC or Hanoi Vietnam

Tokyo Japan

Hong Kong

Ventiane Laos

The point is this. What applies to one poster may not apply to another. Lets say one of your friends went to Penang. In his tatty t-shirt and shorts. Visa refused.

He complains on here and now we all assume this is a crap place.

I go with a nice shirt, smile, talk politely. Visa granted.

Thats my point.

Unfortunatly, your point seems to have little to do with facts.

One month ago I was denied a tr visa from singapore. A few weeks later, after staying in thailand on a visa

excempt entry, I vent to vientinae, and was granted the same tr visa. Surly those extra weeks

I staid in thailand on the ve entry would not serve to improve my "case", but rather the opposite.

On the other hand, this fact correlates with what is implied by the list posted above; singapore

being not friendly, and vientiane being friendly.

Had I taken more care to search this forum, or the above list had been posted at the time, I would have

saved myself the trip to singapore. That said, singapore is a very nice city, though.

I vent to vientinae, and was granted the same tr visa (unquote)

This is true. For now.

As for Singapore............are you saying they deny all applicants a TV if they have expired all the visa exemps?

Or is that just in your personal experience?

Edited by Manchester

This is true. For now.

As for Singapore............are you saying they deny all applicants a TV if they have expired all the visa exemps?

Yes, for now. That's what matter in practical terms, no?

My experience, and the experience of apparently many others, is that if you have a

previous tv in your passport, odds are singapore will not give you a new tv.

How long back they look? Don't know.

I don't belive expired ve's has anything to do with it, as I've went into thailand twice on

ve's since that (saved the one I got from vientiane for later).

This is true. For now.

My experience, and the experience of apparently many others, is that if you have a

I don't belive expired ve's has anything to do with it, as I've went into thailand twice on

I haven't see any distinction between TV from Home Country and TV from SE.

If I came to Thailand in december with a dual entry TV I can stay 6 month + 3 with a TV at Penang and go home when raining season is coming. That seems guaranteed at least for 3 years, the cannot count home country TV....

This is true. For now.

it is a fact that some consulates are a lot more difficult than others.

Manchester how about if you take one of the rumored difficult locations and see if you can get a tourist visa. I am willing to bet your shot down down like a mosquito in Manila, Cambodia, Myanmar, Singapore, Llangkawi, and Katmandu.

Go ahead and prove us wrong with your theory and report back. You can also see a few interesting new places in the process and buy some postcards for your friends back home.

Personally ive concluded that this strategy doesnt work anymore. Its no good to live like this with so much uncertainty all the time.Its better to find another country to live where the visa rules are easier which is almost any country within a thousand miles or simply go back home and live visa free for the rest of my life.

Living in Thailand is like eating candy all the time.

Eventually the sugar will kill you.

This is true. For now.

it is a fact that some consulates are a lot more difficult than others.

Manchester how about if you take one of the rumored difficult locations and see if you can get a tourist visa. I am willing to bet your shot down down like a mosquito in Manila, Cambodia, Myanmar, Singapore, Llangkawi, and Katmandu.

Go ahead and prove us wrong with your theory and report back. You can also see a few interesting new places in the process and buy some postcards for your friends back home.

You are confused. Maybe the too tight tie has cut off blood supply?

What theory? I,m not reporting ANY theory. I have stated that all Embassies and Consulates have been instructed to cut the number of TV,s issued where there is a belief that the system is being abused by foreigners as a means of semi-permanent residence in Thailand.

Seems pretty CLEAR thats not a theory.

Believe what you want.

Thanks for the offer of sight-seeing. Been there done that.

No more TV,s. Never needed them. Always had a WP.

I hate my job but someone has to do it. :o

I,m not sure what such a database would achieve.

I believe some respected posters on this forum have stated that Consulars read this forum and get hacked off to know that their consulate is considered a " soft touch "

I can imagine some high ranking Imm official in Bangkok would soon jump down on a list of "friendly consulates "

And why is everyone hacked off at Consulates restricting the amount of TV,s? Especially the back to back ones.

Surely back to back TV,s suggest a semi-permanent stay in Thailand and Thailand is probably within its rights to restrict this practice.

Most of us on here are Europeans or American/Canadian. I don,t know of any of those countries that allow the same practice of constant " tourism visa,s " used as a means of long stay?

As for Laos.....with all the reports that Consulate is receiving about how easy they are..........i,m pretty sure that in the near future they will be receiving some " official guidelines " from Bangkok about that.

Just my take on it.

Edited by stevemiddie

There are other kinds of visas to get.

As has been discussed before: not everyone wants to invest millions of baht in Thailand, or work as a teacher, or study at a Thai university, or get married to a Thai. And many who want to live in Thailand or stay for longer in this country are younger than 50. There are only TWO options (correct me, if I'm wrong) for those people: repeat Tourist Visas and repeat Visa-waiver stamps on arrival.

But yes, it's 'their country', and once they don't need our dollars, pounds, and euros anymore they will certainly close the gate more and more, as is their right.

Edited by 7

There are other kinds of visas to get.

As has been discussed before: not everyone wants to invest millions of baht in Thailand, or work as a teacher, or study at a Thai university, or get married to a Thai. And many who want to live in Thailand or stay for longer in this country are younger than 50. There are only TWO options (correct me, if I'm wrong) for those people: repeat Tourist Visas and repeat Visa-waiver stamps on arrival.

But yes, it's 'their country', and once they don't need our dollars, pounds, and euros anymore they will certainly close the gate more and more, as is their right.

Being a teacher is certainly not the only job available. There are other jobs to get visas for. You might be right that there really is no visa for a person who has no job, wife, children, retirement status or student status.

no one who likes a beach could live in pattaya unless they're inordinately fond of sewage and garbage in the water (and the low visibility and dead coral that go with it).

rather, people who deeply hate beaches might want to live there... and gloat, having seen one rather brutally mishandled.

no one who likes a beach could live in pattaya unless they're inordinately fond of sewage and garbage in the water (and the low visibility and dead coral that go with it).

rather, people who deeply hate beaches might want to live there... and gloat, having seen one rather brutally mishandled.

Lots of nice beaches AWAY from Beach Road in Pattaya..........and some lovely quiet ones about 5-8 km away. You have to travel and look for them. :o

I,ve been to Thonburi...........now thats a DUMP ! :D

Edited by stevemiddie