Thaivisa.com Famous All Over The Internet!

Pepe'

It's called White Hat Search engine optimization

A SEO tactic, technique or method is considered white hat if it conforms to the search engines' guidelines and involves no deception. As the search engine guidelines[31][17][18][19] are not written as a series of rules or commandments, this is an important distinction to note. White hat SEO is not just about following guidelines, but is about ensuring that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see.

White hat advice is generally summed up as creating content for users, not for search engines, and then making that content easily accessible to the spiders, rather than attempting to game the algorithm.

Black Hat SEO:

Search engines may penalize sites they discover using black hat methods, either by reducing their rankings or eliminating their listings from their databases altogether. Such penalties can be applied either automatically by the search engines' algorithms, or by a manual site review.

We don't do Black Hat. We do white hat a lot...

White hats, i like, i belive i was allways a white hat one!

Do it for people not for machines!

Do it for usability, not for some obscure SEO!

The target is not SEO, the target is human beens, so f***orget SEO sometimes; robots must adapt to people not people must adapt to machines!

Knowledge belongs to the people, and we must give the knowledge back!

The internet now means a dam_n powerfull computer! A big calculus machine that still cannot be one machine. Think, if we can use all of these machines as one, we are now eradicating cancer.

White hats, i like, i belive i was allways a white hat one!

Do it for people not for machines!

Do it for usability, not for some obscure SEO!

The target is not SEO, the target is human beens, so f***orget SEO sometimes; robots must adapt to people not people must adapt to machines!

Knowledge belongs to the people, and we must give the knowledge back!

The internet now means a dam_n powerfull computer! A big calculus machine that still cannot be one machine. Think, if we can use all of these machines as one, we are now eradicating cancer.

------------------------

I have to admit. I'm lost fellas... :o

get real ... if you search for 'hagfjasvg' + interesting word, then the site www.hagfjasvg.com will show #1, even if it's a totally crappy site !

still, ThaiVisa is popular with google as it is an extremely busy forum, but it only means something if you look for 'interesting words' without thaiVisa added and then they show up, that's what counts, who's going to search for anything with ThaiVisa attached to it, if they don't know the site already ?

anyway, black hat is using dirty tricks, white hat is playing nice

'Page Rank' is also very important when it comes to appearing on top of the search engines.

I just had a quick look at thaivisa.com and the recent rank is 5/10. Doesn't sound a lot like but it's reasonable. I'm sure though that it was at 6/10 a few months ago. Our site has also lost a point.

Kind of weird how the Google ranking system works and some of it is quite confidential. Poor old David's site mangosauce.com, even though it was pulling in loads of hits, got knocked off the ranking system for unclear reasons and that's one reason that his site went down the drain, along with Google pulling the ads off.

There are a couple of Thai related websites i could mention that have a Google ranking of 6 compared to thaivisa's 5, but they get far less readership. It's weird how it works!

Edited by Stephen Cleary

'Page Rank' is also very important when it comes to appearing on top of the search engines.

I just had a quick look at thaivisa.com and the recent rank is 5/10. Doesn't sound a lot like but it's reasonable. I'm sure though that it was at 6/10 a few months ago. Our site has also lost a point.

Kind of weird how the Google ranking system works and some of it is quite confidential. Poor old David's site mangosauce.com, even though it was pulling in loads of hits, got knocked off the ranking system for unclear reasons and that's one reason that his site went down the drain, along with Google pulling the ads off.

There are a couple of Thai related websites i could mention that have a Google ranking of 6 compared to thaivisa's 5, but they get far less readership. It's weird how it works!

Loss of the Google ads was due to site content incompatible with the ad program's terms of service.

Loss of all PageRank is usually a symptom of a failed attempt at black-hat SEO manipulation. Loss of one tick usually means only that people have stopped linking to your site, your site topic has lost focus, you're not generating enough new content, your site is poorly constructed or your competitors have begun to overtake you.