Pizza, Pizza

dickie58

name='wilko' date='2007-12-13 09:39:59' post='1703634']

most of the people I see around Pattaya restaurants who think that food is great are the kind that drink and smoke so much that they wouldn't know a dog turd if it was plopped in their mouth....the rest just haven't eaten good food.

Whats that all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

I think he has eaten to many bad pizza's in Pattaya that his mind is starting to play tricks on him..

Think i'm going to have one of those great Calzone's they serve at Mantra tonight..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Wilco keep believing that you are the food expert and everyone elses opinion is bull-shit.

Btw they do have great wines, they do have some really good chefs and they do have real Parmaham.

Give us a break... You give me a brake.

I have nothing to do with others..

If i like the place i like the place.

Everybody please dont go there because Wilco doesn't like so no one will!!

yes..just the kind of reply I would expect.

most of the people I see around Pattaya restaurants who think that food is great are the kind that drink and smoke so much that they wouldn't know a dog turd if it was plopped in their mouth....the rest just haven't eaten good food.

Yeah Wilco you are right..

Man i know some great places to eat in Pattaya.

And i'm not the only one there are a lot of foreigners who know great places to go.

Maybe you should stop going to these cheap restaurants and find some real restaurants like Mantra, Dusit..

And i can make a list of at least 50 places where you can get delicious food.

But you are right.

Keep believing it.

I have eaten at most places in Pattaya and in general I find the food here dissapointing so I would really like to see that list of 50? places where you can get delicious food, I must be missing something.

Believe you me I've eaten at "the best" in Pattaya and if that's what you think is "best" - get a life!

however..there ARE good places to eat in Pattaya, but pizza is not on tghe menu....why? Because they know what they can cook

I'm with you there is nothing that I've experienced in Pattaya that I could class up with the best. I'd like tp know the good places to eat though.

There are alot of tourist traps here. But even though our tastes are all different, I do believe most people can find eating satisfaction here. What really amazes me is the boom in "ethnic food," so the more eclectic your tastes, the better.

Edited by Jingthing

This thread is Pizza Pizza yes?

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere for good eateries - if not perhaps a new thread?

I like all sorts of food and can eat almost anything - good OR bad...but where's the pleasure in that?

Whereas I think Pattaya has a long way to go in providing regularly high quality food there are still plenty of places that you will leave with a smile on your face...none of these sell pizza and none is "haute cuisine" but there are places who do not put on airs and graces that sell simple, good food, and good value too, by this I refer to quality and price not quantity which seems to be some people's "gourmet" yardstick

I think pizza in Thailand is crap. Never had really good one yet. Pizza is boring in Italy. It was a good start, but it has been improved on. Haven't any of you ever had pizza in San Francisco's Italian area or New York's Little Italy? Lots of sauce, cheese and toppings on a thicker golden crust. Lasagne too! That's good stuff.

Edited by aguy30

I think pizza in Thailand is crap. Never had really good one yet. Pizza is boring in Italy. It was a good start, but it has been improved on. Haven't any of you ever had pizza in San Francisco's Italian area or New York's Little Italy? Lots of sauce, cheese and toppings on a thicker golden crust. Lasagne too! That's good stuff.

Of course you are correct, but we keep hoping. :o

Me my Thai wife & our 7 year old son thought we would try the new Pizza, Pizza restaurant in the Avenue complex last night, nice & clean, but no toliets, why build a new restaurant without a bathroom, need to go outside to the avenue's complex public toilets. Fancied the Antipasta i saw advertised on the board above the open air kitchen, menu came 350 baht smal portion, 750 large, forget that idea. Instead went for there home made lobster soup & alfredo pasta, soup came what was very tasty, but seemed a little strange that it had prawns in it, the pasta came at the same time as the soup, what was quite a small portion, but tasty, my son had a slice of pizza what was really nothing special & at 170 baht wasn't cheap.

The portions people were being given to other tables struck me as very small & bearing in mind there prices I did not find it good value.

As it happens 3 farang couples came in while we were there, all looked at the menu & walked out

My wife had a very simple caeser salad, had one water & one sprite, total bill 720 baht

Thanks for the warning/advice, the lack of toilets and western prices are enough to keep us out,.

Tastes OK - but not a pizza!

Go to Italy (Napoli) and get a pizza then try to form an opinion.

I'll stick with my Pan Pan pizza, which is good quality and at the right price.

At the risk of offending all the Pizza connoisseurs, I happen to agree with you. Their pasta dishes are pretty good too, but keep away from the steak - not really their line.

Service is a bit smarmy, and not great, but all in all, a good family restaurant, if you fancy pasta and/or a halfway decent pizza.

BTW their desserts are out of this world. :o

I no longer have any high expectation of finding good pizza in Thailand. Why should I when so many restaurants serve pizza with ketchup. Ketchup????

I think that bechemel sauce sucks. When used in lasgne, yuck!!!!! Just a cheap way of not providing real cheese.

As I said before, pizza in Italy was a good start. New York and San Fran certainly improved it. Many of the best pizza restaurants in SF and NY are owned by Italians. They make world class pizza.

Wilko, I too, have eaten pizza in many pizza restaurants around the world. You can have your real Italian pizza from Italy. It is ok but it is BORING!!!! You are entitled to an opinion, but, it is absolutely not the best!

Been to Pan Pan only once. Did not think it was worth a return trip. It was about as exiting as tomato sauce on stale toast.

The Pizza Pizza version is a joke. What are they thinking? They give you a normal 45 baht slice, make it SUPER thin and then sell it to you for 150 baht.

Yawn. So where exactly is this Pan Pan anyway?

Yawn.. don't remember... mad cow's disease strikes again :o

Figured you don't; otherwise you would have mentioned it. I was waiting on someone w/ full faculties like Jingthing to respond. Tnx, Jingthing.

Mobi, suggest you confine your posts to the Health forum until you're cured or succumb totally. Moderator Sheryl is both learned and helpful.

Yawn. So where exactly is this Pan Pan anyway?

Yawn.. don't remember... mad cow's disease strikes again :D

Figured you don't; otherwise you would have mentioned it. I was waiting on someone w/ full faculties like Jingthing to respond. Tnx, Jingthing.

Mobi, suggest you confine your posts to the Health forum until you're cured or succumb totally. Moderator Sheryl is both learned and helpful.

It may surprise you to know that I know exactly where it is. :D

If you had asked in a polite manner, you may have received a polite reply. :o

I made a perfectly innocuous, uncontroversial recommendation on where to buy a half way decent Pizza, and you preface your question on location with a "yawn". :D

I have no idea why you had to yawn, but to this old git, that is being a tad rude.

If you are so bored by this thread,why bother to read it and make posts?

Maybe you should confine your posts to the "farang pub - entertainment forum", where no doubt you can be rude to people for no reason whatsoever. :D

One Italian restaurant that hasn't been mentioned so far is "Spaghetteria Pizzeria Italia", situated on a corner site within Jomtien Complex Plaza. In my opinion (please take note of that), this is the best genuine Italian restaurant in Pattaya, far outclassing all of the others including "Pan Pan". The pizzas are perfect and genuinely cooked with true Italian taste and the selection of pastas is huge. Give it a try but ignore the gay waiters......they are harmless!!! :o

There's an Italian restaurant call Ticinos., owned by a Swiss, which is East of Sukhumvit, just off the road to the Elephant Sanctuary.

It has great ambience and good Italian food, at reasonable prices. The owner will help you with your orders, and translate into Thai for any Thais who are struggling with the menu.

They also have a Pizza Oven and when I dine there, I watch the staff preparing and baking the pizzas. I have not tried them, but if they are half as good as their other food, then they are worth a try.

Maybe someone has tried them? :o

I add my vote for the Trattoria Toscana on Beach Road (between Soi 6 and Center road): I went tonight with my wife and we enjoyed the best pizza (4-season) we had so far in Pattaya, by a long shot. It has the authentic taste of the wood oven baked pizza, good amount of cheese and other ingredients, the ham on it tasted fresh and the crust was the right thickness and consistency. It was also appropriately salted, a frequent problem at many other places. I tried their house red wine - very good. All that served in the garden but I visited the inside and it looked great as well for the times you'd prefer air conditioning. The brushetta we had as appetizers tasted quite good as well.

Edited by Jale

How much for that luscious sounding pizza, Jale?

The pizza itself was 220 or 240. They have prices starting at 200 for the margareta and up from that. The total bill was 630 for the brushetta, pizza, a coke, a bottle of water, and a 0.25l house wine. Service was nice too. I need to add that the pizza delightfully reminded me of my experiences in Italy more than the ones I often eat (and like as well) in th USA. Just a different taste but I enjoy both.

Pizza's cost around 220-300 Baht. well worth the money.

Trattoria is definatly a good real Italian Restaurant.

And great wines in the cellarin themiddle of he restaurant!!

But once again i must be talking nonsence.

Because good wines and good pizza's don't excist in Pattaya.

Said by an pizza expert :o