Traveling From Pattaya To Sihnoukville

johnjohnson

Hi, I live in thailand and am thinking about moving to Pattaya. I like sihnoukville very much and want to know the quickest way to get there from pattaya. I know I can cross at Poipet and have before to go to siem riep.

Can I go south from pattaya and cross to cambodia somewere closer to sihnoukville?

Through Trat to Koh Kong - then by boat to Snooky.

From Pattaya you can get a bus to Trat, then a minibus to the border, or taxi all the way.

Thanks, good info.

I'm curious, how much and how long is the boat ride?

Four hours - cannot give current price.

There is about 6 inches of freeboard, but don't worry - the crew don't!!!!

Through Trat to Koh Kong - then by boat to Snooky.

From Pattaya you can get a bus to Trat, then a minibus to the border, or taxi all the way.

Thanks, good info.

I'm curious, how much and how long is the boat ride?

Four hours - cannot give current price.

There is about 6 inches of freeboard, but don't worry - the crew don't!!!!

2 years ago the boat fee was 15 dollars US :o when tou get there you have to do a passport showing again to immigration then a moto into town or the beaches a moto to "downtown' cost me 80 baht then may have changed. T ake small currency Baht or US dollars. Also boat leaves at 8 am so you will have to stay O/nite

Koh Kong is a much nicer & small border crossing. I would bring a lot of smaller Thai baht bills. The Thai baht 100= 10,000 reil(unless it changed in the last couple years) If you give them a big bill they will give you U.S. currency at 18-22 baht.

They swear that is what it is worth. It was 38 when I went last.

Have Fun! Siouk is looking like Cambodia's Koh Chang of Thailand in the up & coming years! Iwish I had time to stop & Relax on the beach.

Beardog

Hi, I live in thailand and am thinking about moving to Pattaya. I like sihnoukville very much and want to know the quickest way to get there from pattaya. I know I can cross at Poipet and have before to go to siem riep.

Can I go south from pattaya and cross to cambodia somewere closer to sihnoukville?

You can catch the Bkk->Trat bus at any of the main road intersections with Sukhumvit (North or South Pattaya Rds, Pattaya Klang and Thepprasit Rd). Easiest is at Pattaya Klang, next to the entrance to the Pride Golf Driving Range on the east (inland) side of Sukhumvit. Buses non-stop to Trat depart at 6 and 11pm, but have a 20-min lunch and restroom stop just outside of Chantaburi.

Note there is a new bus station in Trat, opened in March '06. The mini-vans to Hat Lek are no longer located at the market, but now conveniently located in the rear of the new bus station. Bus from Pattaya is now about 160-Bt, mini-van to border 110-Bt.

After exiting Thai Immigration...and then Cambo Immigration (note-the actual Cambo visa fee is $20-US...but they will scam you), a moto to Koh Kong should not be over 50-Bt!

Rather than the ferry, which departs from KKong at 8am every day, consider taking a mini-bus from KKong to Snooky. The road to Snooky is now _90%_ paved and a great road, except for some of the short areas near KKong which are still under construction. There are the four rivers that you will cross, the bridge closest to KKong is now open, the others by ferry (easy) until the bridges are completed. The ferry boat from KKong-Snooky will have few customers once the road and bridges are complete. I have not taken the ferry for a few years, as I now bike from Pattaya to Snooky maybe 3-4 times a year.