English Holiday

Lickey

Just had a 3 week holiday in my home country, stuffed myself with roast beef/Lamb/Pork/chicken, put on near 5 kilos, {and my favorite beer ect!!! } anyway, on a recent trip to Makro, Udon Thani, we found some New Zealand lamb joints and some Aussie rounds of beef, we bought a packet of each, I bought from the UK some cook in the bag things and some oxo and mint sauce, We done the lamb in a bag in the roasting dish for near 2 hours, I took the juice from the bag, added half an oxo cube to make the gravy, Mrs done one of them packets from tesco/loutus, with the cauliflower,mange tout,broccoli, sliced carrot, also roast potatoes, not forgetting the finnishing touch,,, Yorkshire Puddings!! oh yes, and the final icing on the cake was, Mrs cut up a squash melon, hard as hel_l on the outside, but tender inside, she roasted this with the potatoes and it tasted just like a cross between parsnip and artichokes, The lamb joint is so tender, with no real fat or bones, everything is eaten, perhaps sandwiches with small oinion slices or a soup with crotons,

So from now on, Roast Lamb is my Sunday dinner [with the mint sauce of course} and a glass of wine or chang lite as a chaser, whats your favorite roast in Thailand?

Cheers, lickey.

i grow fresh English and NZ mint here if you want a root let me know, It grows for 3-4 years here and then dies, because of no winter rest.

I am trying dome in the fridge to give it rest

But better to get mates to bring a new root out here

Thanks for kind offer Thaipete, we do have some lemon mint growing on the farm but it hasnt got the 'bite' of the normal mint, there is a good seed shop in Udon so we are going there this week to try and track some down, failing that will get a packet brought over from UK in January, Will look out for the Vennison too, Thanks, Lickey.

• 2 weeks later...