Simple Visa Question

On the website for the USA Consulate it says the tourist visa begins when it is issued.

This causes a problem for my pre-paid airline ticket to return

Is this actually enforced, or, will they flex to my ticket ? (stupid question)

hey, you have up to 90 days from getting the tourist visa to actually fly to thailand. There, you will have 60 days. If you leave LOS before the 60 days, the Tourist visa goes away, but each of your re-entries will give you 30 days. You can get up to 3 30 day entrances. (A total of 5 months)I got my Tourist visa today. This information is accurate. I even suggested to the nice woman at the office to check out thaivisa and give advice from time to time, as the rules have changed.

What are the dates of your prepaid round trip tix?

PS, yes, things are enforced.

On the website for the USA Consulate it says the tourist visa begins when it is issued.

hey, you have up to 90 days from getting the tourist visa to actually fly to thailand. There, you will have 60 days. If you leave LOS before the 60 days, the Tourist visa goes away, but each of your re-entries will give you 30 days. You can get up to 3 30 day entrances. (A total of 5 months)I got my Tourist visa today. This information is accurate. I even suggested to the nice woman at the office to check out thaivisa and give advice from time to time, as the rules have changed.

My dates are Feb. 4th to May 3rd

Hi,

I advise a "sitdown" with someone at one of the thai offices and discuss this thoroughly. You will get factual answers. Please do not rely on thaivisa up until the last minute. It works well as a guide though.

You may want to consider getting a Non-imm. "O" visa. The application is a bit longer, and it requires some info of where you will be staying, but I don't think that will be much of a problem for you. But don't get a job without a work permit. Your visa may have to change as well in order to work.

Choke dee kop.

Hi,

I advise a "sitdown" with someone at one of the thai offices and discuss this thoroughly. You will get factual answers. Please do not rely on thaivisa up until the last minute. It works well as a guide though.

You may want to consider getting a Non-imm. "O" visa. The application is a bit longer, and it requires some info of where you will be staying, but I don't think that will be much of a problem for you. But don't get a job without a work permit. Your visa may have to change as well in order to work.

Choke dee kop.

Thanks

The use by date of any visa is set from date of issue. The amount of time you may remain in the country is set on date of entry. So if you get a tourist visa on January 1 it will be valid for entry until about April 1.

If you enter on March 30 you get the same 60 days (until about May 29) that you would get on a January 2 entry (until about March 2).

I See . So, if I get the visa issued in the middle of Jan. my actual entry date gets 60 days from there, correct?

and I can extend that by 30 more if I need?

You get 60 days from the day you enter Thailand (which you can then extend by a further 30 days at immigration 1900 Baht).

The visa has a 'must enter before' date which is 3 months from the date of issue. Even if you enter the day before this date you will get 60 days stamp :o

Yes . When you enter on Feb 4 that will be your 1st day of 60 days.

As said, before your 60 days are finished go to immigration and get another 30 days.

That should take you to 3 May if my maths are correct. Cutting it a bit fine though.

Edited by Lite Beer

As said, before your 60 days are finished go to immigration and get another 30 days.

That should take you to 3 May if my maths are correct. Cutting it a bit fine though.

Hi Lite Beer,

On that note when topping up another 30 days after the 60 days expires..do you need to present your e ticket showing you are flying out 30 days from the extension date?

Hi Lite Beer,

On that note when topping up another 30 days after the 60 days expires..do you need to present your e ticket showing you are flying out 30 days from the extension date?

It would seem some immigration offices or officers ask for one. Others don't. When I got my extension this monday in Korat, they never asked for one. And since this was my first extension after getting married to a Thai citizen they gave me a 60 day extension. But As I understand it, you can only get this once....

Hi Lite Beer,

Some are being asked for it. You may or may not be asked for it. If they ask for it and you cannot provide it, it is reported that they are only giving out 7 day extensions.

Oh..just one other question.

How long did it take to get your visa, from the day you sent it off to the day you got it back..For usa people.

Thanks all.

"They" say, about 10 days..? If at all possible, try to walk into the office and have it done. Takes about five minutes to stamp it. You will have the chance to get firm answers to any other questions you may have as well. Also, you can get the heads up on any new rules that are going into effect.

Good luck.

The visa validity starts from when it is issued so issued on 1st Novermber then you have 90 days or something to use the visa. Your stamp will be 60 days from the day you enter Thailand as long as you enter Thailand in 90 days from 1st Novermber in this example.

Before your 60 days are up, you can ask immigration for an extension. It is usual to get the maximum 30 days for Bt1900 but sometimes they jerk you around and give you 7 days. If you have an airline ticket going out within that 30 days, say on day 28, then they will usually give you the 30 days even if they are being hard asses.

If you will be in Thailand for more than 90 days, then you will have to leave and re-enter. A simple visa run will solve that problem.

If you want to be in Thailand more than 120 days, you should ask for a 2 entry tourist visa.

Oh..just one other question.

How long did it take to get your visa, from the day you sent it off to the day you got it back..For usa people.

Thanks all.

An answer and a question:

I got a triple entry TV from one of the small Thai consulates in the USA last month. I mailed it on Monday, they received and processed it on Tuesday, mailed it back on Wednesday and I received it on Thursday. About as good as it gets but I wouldn't count on that kind of speed.

Now the question:

Can I get each the 1st and 2nd entry extended 30 days in Jomtien? I have been told they are only issuing seven day extentions in Jomtien even if you have an exit document. I have personally talked with someone who was refused a 30 day extention even though he had an document showing he was leaving Thailand. Sorry if I am starting another rumor.

RMJ

Edited by RockyMtnJay

A "document"? You need a ticket out to obtain the 30 day extension in Jomtien from reports but have not seen anyone report they could not obtain if they had such a ticket. Was there any mention of the person being here for a long period previous to the tourist visa that was only extended 7 days?

A "document"? You need a ticket out to obtain the 30 day extension in Jomtien from reports but have not seen anyone report they could not obtain if they had such a ticket. Was there any mention of the person being here for a long period previous to the tourist visa that was only extended 7 days?

Yes he had a E-Ticket (I called it a document). He had no warning stamps, red stamps and should have qualified for a 30 day extention. Another expat also told me he heard the same thing from another source. But I really see nothing in print at the boards (except for the report for the guy I mentioned on another board). And there are so many rumors concerning Jomtien.

RMJ

Edited by RockyMtnJay

RockyMtnJay, I think it's almost easier to just find an alternate office

where you can go. Sriracha or Maptaphut, there's even an immigration

post at the Novotel hotel near Suvarnabhumi International. The Jomtien

office just seems to have gotten "unpredictable". It's much nicer to

go to an office where the people smile and they're not so concerned

with all the extra documents. If you can fit that into your travel plans. :o

P.S. and go a few days early so you always have options left

• 2 weeks later...