Land Titles And Posserory Rights

I know most " farm land" in rural areas of Thailand comes with a possessory right. Indeed my wife has some and pays taxes on it. (ท.บ.1).

However Land in her village with houses and on the main road comes with no such paper. They say the sale is done through the village elder purely using a หนังสือสัญญาซื้อขาย. What is this? Can land be bought and sold with this?

No smart comments needed on buying land in someone elses name. I own plenty of property in my own name in more than one country. However a bargain has appeared (in Thailand) and these people want to sell 1 Rai that comes with

this หนังสือสัญญาซื้อขาย

I want to know what it is and if they are legally allowed to sell it?

Thanks for your help :o

I know most " farm land" in rural areas of Thailand comes with a possessory right. Indeed my wife has some and pays taxes on it. (ท.บ.1).

However Land in her village with houses and on the main road comes with no such paper. They say the sale is done through the village elder purely using a หนังสือสัญญาซื้อขาย. What is this? Can land be bought and sold with this?

No smart comments needed on buying land in someone elses name. I own plenty of property in my own name in more than one country. However a bargain has appeared (in Thailand) and these people want to sell 1 Rai that comes with

this หนังสือสัญญาซื้อขาย

I want to know what it is and if they are legally allowed to sell it?

Thanks for your help :o

All I can tell you is that my wife has bought and sold land of this type recently as well.

If you look back at one of my old posts (I'm too lazy to find it for you at this time) you will see I discussed this before. In my wife's case, she did get some sort of paper agreement with the village elder as a witness. She bought two parcels of rubber tree land from some old guy. They were 17 and 10 rai parcels. About two years later she sold the 17 rai parcel using the same arrangement.

Hope this helps.

donx

Thanks for that it seems to be the norm. The possessory right made me nervous this new one makes me more nervous.

I guess as this is the only way to acquire the land I accept it and go for it or walk away...... I think I will take the chance and just go for it :o or shoud I say let her go for it. I seem to be the only person in the process that was concerned anyway.

Just to make you feel a little bit more at ease I'd like you to know that my wife looked at your post and my response and confirmed that the Thai writing you have in your post is the same title type of the land she bought. I don't know how much land you are talking about but in our case 27 rai was bought for 35,000 baht per rai and we sold 17 rai for 50,000 baht per rai.