Sad News From The South

CTO

Not sure if anyone that interested, I've posted a few weeks ago how Sat-Ed had launched it's education on demand project in the deep south,

Sadly when you work in the tough areas we have chosen too, the news will not always good, and when we held the training day in Bangkok a few weekends back for teachers and heads from the schools in the South, we sadly expected but hoped we would never hear this.

Last night I received the following message re the South Schools project Sat-Ed is deploying,

"Headmaster from Bankaemae Naratthiwat just rang me. Insurgent just kill his teacher in front of his school. Now 30 Schools in Ampher Rakhae Narathiwat closed. He will now install our system next week. He said he is confident that our system will really help teacher and student."

We will send a message of condolence from Sat-Ed.

The important point is they do have faith in the system helping them, and that is an important message for us to remember and build upon, and not stop bringing education to those who need it the most, regardless.

Terrible news. :D

The choice of target shows the character of the insurgents. :o

Nothing but respect for the unarmed teachers who are trying to help people in the face of armed barbarians. :D

Some good news, turns out when the shooting started everyone ran, the teacher somehow managed to survive, however the villager the teacher was with died, hence the headmasters confusion who had died. Still one too many!

30 schools shut next week, fair enough, but the kids get punished it seems.

Not sure if anyone that interested, I've posted a few weeks ago how Sat-Ed had launched it's education on demand project in the deep south,

Sadly when you work in the tough areas we have chosen too, the news will not always good, and when we held the training day in Bangkok a few weekends back for teachers and heads from the schools in the South, we sadly expected but hoped we would never hear this.

Last night I received the following message re the South Schools project Sat-Ed is deploying,

"Headmaster from Bankaemae Naratthiwat just rang me. Insurgent just kill his teacher in front of his school. Now 30 Schools in Ampher Rakhae Narathiwat closed. He will now install our system next week. He said he is confident that our system will really help teacher and student."

The important point is they do have faith in the system helping them, and that is an important message for us to remember and build upon, and not stop bringing education to those who need it the most, regardless.

That is very bad news. I admire your tenacity and courage in offering the children there some basic human rights. Education and training provide the essential underpinnings for meaningful development (of the individual and society) to occur.

Can you send me some info about this project as it seems to be very worthy of support.

----------------------

Sir, it is people like yourself and others of similar dedication that are true unsung heros.

I admire your courage, placing yourself in harms way as you do to teach.

May Buddha protect you always... :o

<Sir, it is people like yourself and others of similar dedication that are true unsung heros.>

Thank you for kind words, but we're not hero's, we just supply a technology and content that makes teacher's job better, the students better, that's all, we don't go to the the South I am cowardly to say, we will visit sites though.

The teachers are the real hero's and students brave, what a awful choice to have to make just to live each day.

I choose to conduct our training in Bangkok or Yala, the teachers sadly don't get to choose, they get up and bravely go off each day, as do the students, and are hero's for doing so.

The teacher is badly hurt, will get better, our staff are still very sad this happened only 2 weeks after launching.

If anyone is interested to learn more, like Hugh Jarse, send me a email, [email protected] if that is ok by mods.

I am sorry to hear this. I hope things get better for these brave people who travel down there to help. I can't help but think of another forum I visit. This topic has come up as well and a Chinese Malay Muslim lady there keeps saying this violence in the Thais fault because of their violent take over of the lands to the south. I have yet to say anything to her, I doubt it would help any. Still it's upsetting what some people think.

Cheers everyone!!