New Dirt Bikes In Thailand?

dazzab

I was talking to a guy who had a Suzuki DRZ 400. He got his local Suzuki dealer to import it for him. Nice enough bike if you are into that type of bike but at around 420,000 baht too much money. Id rather spend 60-70,000 on an old XT or XR but each to their own. People have called me mad for spending 1.2 million on a Triumph!! :o

I was talking to a guy who had a Suzuki DRZ 400. He got his local Suzuki dealer to import it for him. Nice enough bike if you are into that type of bike but at around 420,000 baht too much money. Id rather spend 60-70,000 on an old XT or XR but each to their own. People have called me mad for spending 1.2 million on a Triumph!! :o

At current exchange rates, a new DRZ 400 is around 285,000baht so 420,000 doesn't seem to bad taken into account the tax liability.

Theres a few places in Pattaya, theres a place on 3rd rd near the flyover. I can't remember the name but I know he imports from Japan. Also there is Som Racing in Soi Siam, I'm fairly sure one of the partners is importing from US...I think no papers.. but cheap..if you don't mind nearly new.. or maybe try Siam racing on the Sukhumvit?

... theres a place on 3rd rd near the flyover. I can't remember the name but I know he imports from Japan. .. or maybe try Siam racing on the Sukhumvit?

The shop on 3rd Rd (on the left side where the flyover begins, as you're heading to the pier) is Nippon Motor Bike...owner is Khun 'Joe'. Yes, he imports from Japan and the shop does decent repair work. Many friends in the know suggested I avoid Siam Racing on Sukhumvit.