Bangkok Condo Advice - Please!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=3m&s=F...IC&c=%5EDJI

When the US markets were doing good, the Chinese stocks were out performing, when they started to correct take a look at the steep fall in the Chinese stocks.

If you wish to take your views from yahoo, that's up to you. The World Bank, however, who actually is involved in world economics, not reporting on them, said in a recent report that China's 2007 growth will be around 11.3% and will slow modestly to 10.8% in 2008. If that's a country about to have its bubble burst, let Australia's bubble burst.

Stock markets falling does not a struggling market make. If the US stock market sneezes, everybody catches a cold, unfortunately. That does not alter the fact that the economy is booming. As here in Australia, our stocks fall after a bad night on Wall Street, yet our economy is doing extremely well.

Anyway, perhaps we could all take the economic discussion eslewhere. I started this thread to research purchasing a unit in Thailand. I'd prefer the thread remains true to that topic.

Cheers people. I always a good discussion on anything, be it religion, politics, economics etc and I thank everyone's input.

Yes, exactly ..this just keeps coming back to the same thing.

How can people with money to spend (if they really are planning to spend it) not see what's happening in the Economic Engine of the world? And that engine AIN'T CHINA.

1. Americans have been buying beyond their means for at least 10-15 years now - encouraged to do that by low interest rates - and cheap products (from China) flooding their stores. The first people to get wacked of course are those who could least afford to play with credit. Does it stop there? Does anyone REALLY believe that?

"Oh, no Bill - it was only those poor-folk who were buying things they couldn't afford.."

2. So of course, the chain starts to fall apart..up he ladder we go.

3. First time in history - reported 2 or 3 years ago already, that Americans have NEGATIVE SAVINGS - and FIRST TIMEin history that's happened.

Do you really need a Master's Degree in economics to know what that means to the whole world? Does anyone NOT THINK that the US Govt is putting the breaks on its own currency and imports and deliberately shouting down Chinese products as inferior to prevent a complete catastrophe?

"Oh no Bill, it's business as usual..go on buy a condo in Bangkok as an investment to rent out --- TO WHOM??"

Please take your rantings elsewhere. This thread was started for other reasons than economics and I would prefer it get back to its original intent.

I take it you are American, hence your preoccupation with them and belief that others share it. I am not American and have no interest in their affairs. Why do you think your views are of interest to me? All I asked for with this thread was advice on purchasing a condominium in Bangkok. Who I rent it to is my business and I would prefer that negative and deconstructive advice not enter this thread. To date, there has been some terrific help and very pertinent advice. I need that more than waffling on world economies.

It seems this all stemmed from a reply I made to Tony Leung's mention of a Global Recession. I now wish I had left that comment alone, as all the budding economists are now out in force.

Please start another thread on the topic.

Regards

Yes, exactly ..this just keeps coming back to the same thing.

How can people with money to spend (if they really are planning to spend it) not see what's happening in the Economic Engine of the world? And that engine AIN'T CHINA.

1. Americans have been buying beyond their means for at least 10-15 years now - encouraged to do that by low interest rates - and cheap products (from China) flooding their stores. The first people to get wacked of course are those who could least afford to play with credit. Does it stop there? Does anyone REALLY believe that?

"Oh, no Bill - it was only those poor-folk who were buying things they couldn't afford.."

2. So of course, the chain starts to fall apart..up he ladder we go.

3. First time in history - reported 2 or 3 years ago already, that Americans have NEGATIVE SAVINGS - and FIRST TIMEin history that's happened.

Do you really need a Master's Degree in economics to know what that means to the whole world? Does anyone NOT THINK that the US Govt is putting the breaks on its own currency and imports and deliberately shouting down Chinese products as inferior to prevent a complete catastrophe?

"Oh no Bill, it's business as usual..go on buy a condo in Bangkok as an investment to rent out --- TO WHOM??"

Please take your rantings elsewhere. This thread was started for other reasons than economics and I would prefer it get back to its original intent.

I take it you are American, hence your preoccupation with them and belief that others share it. I am not American and have no interest in their affairs. Why do you think your views are of interest to me? All I asked for with this thread was advice on purchasing a condominium in Bangkok. Who I rent it to is my business and I would prefer that negative and deconstructive advice not enter this thread. To date, there has been some terrific help and very pertinent advice. I need that more than waffling on world economies.

It seems this all stemmed from a reply I made to Tony Leung's mention of a Global Recession. I now wish I had left that comment alone, as all the budding economists are now out in force.

Regards

I'm not American. Next question?

Regards

...Yourself included.

You said you started this thread because you wanted some 'research' as regards buying a property to rent out to someone else. The 'research' and methodologies you're getting are flowing forth -- so what's the problem? Perhaps you don't like the answers? We're not preaching economics at you - we're trying to show you and others that a foreigner buying-to-let (to rent) here is a fool..Is that clear enough? It may well be fine for those seasoned and well bank-rolled people living here - who've been doing it for years, as they will hedge their investments in Thailand - but at this time, in this market, and in these conditions - the word 'fool' is not used loosely.

You want some more evidence from 'experts' other than us junior 'economists'? Here is a quote from the Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle - "As construction of more projects is completed, competition in the (rental) market will further intensify. Many investors may achieve lower returns than expected as rents are being pressured downwards as more supply arrives on the market." (Source: Property Report Thailand - Sept. 2007 edition. Pg. 5)

You shouldn't get angry at the messengers just because you don't get the answers you want..