Getting A Statement From Thai Bank

A quick inquiry to some of you old hands.

I've recently moved back from Thailand to UK and still have a joint a/c with my wife at Kasikornthai bank.

We want a statement sent here to check both the balance and what sums have been paid in over last few months.

So far we've written to branch requesting statement and emailed to HQ, both without success. I tried on-line and by telephone system, both leading to frustrating dead-ends. The minions on the email answer say they will not send a file attachment for security reasons, but tell me to use the website and request via fax, but we have no fax at home and the price of using a public fax is expensive and can also have security problems.

Why oh why, can't they send a simple statement via post? I'd happily pay for the service (a stamp from Thailand to UK is not more than 24 baht) which would be far cheaper than a fax.

Has anyone else come up against this problem and how did you get round it/solve it? :o

Cheers! :D

Getting a statement full stop is a nightmare, let alone trying to have one sent out of the country.

Usual scenario, go to bank, request statement, pay fee of 100B (??) per page, wait one week, go back to bank to pick it up......

Well yes ... But are you talking about a passbook account ?

If you want a statement then open a Statement Savings Account instead.

Else get internet access.

Naka.

Getting a statement full stop is a nightmare, let alone trying to have one sent out of the country.

Usual scenario, go to bank, request statement, pay fee of 100B (??) per page, wait one week, go back to bank to pick it up......

Well yes ... But are you talking about a passbook account ?

If you want a statement then open a Statement Savings Account instead.

Else get internet access.

Naka.

Three different banks, five personal savings accounts, three cheque accounts - all the same. Want statement, apply, pay, wait then pickup.

Easiest way is actually to perform passbook updates at least once per month....

Internet access doesn't provide statements which people sometimess need for various reasons, such as when applying for an overdraft account or loan at a different bank / branch fro one's own...

Which bank would a statement savings account be with? What fees would be involved? The option is available on cheque accounts, however, if I recollect correctly, it appeared quite expensive.

Kasikorn Bank now provides an emailed Statement Service. No charge. PDF or CSV format.

Statement delivery frequencies can be selected as desired, i.e., weekly statement, biweekly statement (every 15 days) or monthly statement.

Available for Individuals or Companies. Savings or Current accounts. Statement is in Thai and English.

I just called their service centre and they set it up.

Kasikorn Bank now provides an emailed Statement Service. No charge. PDF or CSV format.

Statement delivery frequencies can be selected as desired, i.e., weekly statement, biweekly statement (every 15 days) or monthly statement.

Available for Individuals or Companies. Savings or Current accounts. Statement is in Thai and English.

The only problem with this is if you need a "bank statement" for any "official" purpose in Thailand, one printed out on your home computer & not "signed" by a representative of the banking institution will not be accepted.

Soundman.

This is the so-called "service" we're having hassle over. One of the problems is having a joint a/c it seems. The other is one of the questions you have to answer on-line is "What is your current balance?" Deeeeeeerrrrrrrr! If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking for a flipping statement! Tried all ways and came up against dead end sois down all, and now to cap things, the wee girls are not answering the emails I've sent the bank. They've all been very polite and civil so far, but my patience is starting to wear when you get the silence treatment.

Has anyone used the fax option and did it work?