Wireless Internet Connection - Recommendations Please

glasshock

Sorry if this has been covered recently, or time and time again, but I could do with a little advice.

We will be arriving in Thailand in 3 weeks time and need to get an internet connection installed asap. Connection needs to be as fast as poss and preferably wireless.

Up to date advise and opinions on companies offering these services would be a great help.

Would hope for the connection to be up and running before Christmas or is this a lot to ask? Ive heard that they can install within a matter of days, is this correct? If it is it puts the UK installation period of 3 weeks (if your lucky) to shame.

Looking into some kind of sky / cable so advice on this too would be much appreciated.

:o

Live in a condo??? wy not try before you buy? just look for an unsecure connection and use it for free, just dont do your banking on it though!

You could ask for an unreliable slow service there are many of these. I have tried a few varies wildy nothing is ever toooooooo good.

Live in a condo??? wy not try before you buy? just look for an unsecure connection and use it for free, just dont do your banking on it though!

You could ask for an unreliable slow service there are many of these. I have tried a few varies wildy nothing is ever toooooooo good.

This is illegal and has landed people in jail in other countries, not sure what the law is in Thailand.

Banking done like this is not a problem. Unless you are using a very bad bank, everything should have encryption, so even if someone is capturing the traffic, they would not be able to use it.

I prefer Apple's Airport Express... You can also hook your printer up to it to wirelessly print and it is small enough to throw into your suitcase and plug into a hotels old wired internet systems. when traveling. The only drawback I find is that it has no extra wired router slots... For that get the Airport extreme model

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

Some days it is faster connection than other days.

Today, for some reason, the internet connection, is operating on 'High Speed Gas', it is that fast, here in school. I have never known it as fast.

(Do'nt hold your breath Mike)

Other days, although my system tells me I have an excellent connection, I may have to a router, yes, but not to TOT etc..

By the way, would my Netgear Router, I have in the UK, be ok to operate here, in the eventuality of moi having an internet connection, other than my laptop wifi, at some stage?

Best,

Mike

Before you move into a place, check with TOT, TT&T, True that they can get ADSL down the line. Get yourself a Linksys wireless router and don't go for a cheapo package.

What would be a good price for that router?

I payed 1900 bath for a wireless 54mb linksys router which works real good. I bought it in pantip plaza here in bkk

Before you move into a place, check with TOT, TT&T, True that they can get ADSL down the line. Get yourself a Linksys wireless router and don't go for a cheapo package.

What would be a good price for that router?

I payed 1900 bath for a wireless 54mb linksys router which works real good. I bought it in pantip plaza here in bkk

<br />
Live in a condo??? wy not try before you buy? just look for an unsecure connection and use it for free, just dont do your banking on it though!<br />You could ask for an unreliable slow service there are many of these. I have tried a few varies wildy nothing is ever toooooooo good.
<br /><br />This is illegal and has landed people in jail in other countries, not sure what the law is in Thailand.<br /><br />Banking done like this is not a problem. Unless you are using a very bad bank, everything should have encryption, so even if someone is capturing the traffic, they would not be able to use it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tell that to the key loggers. Yes its illegal here in the UK