Ubc - Second Room

GetBackJoJo

Hi all

I have just ordered UBC.... to be honest, the price swung it for me; just 2000 Baht for the dish and decoder. The problem is I want to hook up both the lounge and also the office, but they told me that a second room would cost in the region of 9000 Baht.

That dosent make sense to me.

Surely it is possible to hook up a second decoder thingy - with the benefit of me watching the football in my office while the Mrs watches the soaps in the lounge - without spending a wopping 9000 Baht?

Any tips? Can i just go and buy a second box on the cheap?

Also, last question; me and a pal rented a place a few years back that had UBC in the lounge, with a secondry minature box in the main bedroom. The only problem was that you could not watch different channels at the same time, making it rather pointless, i guess. Will i be faced with the same problem if i hook up my office, with the main decoder being downstairs?

Many kind thanks

GBJJ

Hi all

I have just ordered UBC.... to be honest, the price swung it for me; just 2000 Baht for the dish and decoder. The problem is I want to hook up both the lounge and also the office, but they told me that a second room would cost in the region of 9000 Baht.

That dosent make sense to me.

Surely it is possible to hook up a second decoder thingy - with the benefit of me watching the football in my office while the Mrs watches the soaps in the lounge - without spending a wopping 9000 Baht?

Any tips? Can i just go and buy a second box on the cheap?

Also, last question; me and a pal rented a place a few years back that had UBC in the lounge, with a secondry minature box in the main bedroom. The only problem was that you could not watch different channels at the same time, making it rather pointless, i guess. Will i be faced with the same problem if i hook up my office, with the main decoder being downstairs?

Many kind thanks

GBJJ

I,ve got UBC in the main living area and a decent local cable channel in my daughters bedroom.

Udonthani area in my case but take a look at what,s available in your particular place of abode as it may be a useful alternative while providing more flexability.

Plenty of similar alternatives and extras not on UBC, and all for an extra 300 baht per month.

You can also extend with the ability to select different channels in other rooms and not have to all watch one programme as no decoder is needed.

Just a thought.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

I have a solution (well I will when I return for Xmas).

However it's not, er, quite legal, PM me :o

This solution even available at Ban Mor if I'm nor wrong!!

The reason you're getting the first point for only 2000 baht is because of the many promotions UBC has to get as many subscribers as possible. The initial cost is normally very high.

You can actually get a second point for a bit less, but not much, via the non-legal channels. I say this because they use a card splitter which you insert your decoder card into and it splits the decoder information into various lines to feed into the various sat boxes. So you'll have to buy a splitter box and another sat box, and the splitter box costs a bit. It would be more economical if you were aiming for several additional points, not just one.

Thanks for the replies.

Im baffled by it all. I have three tv's.... one in the office, one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. I realy cant decide which room to stick the UBC in now.

I do have cable - and ill keep it, to be safe. For the sake of 250 Baht a month, i may aswell.

Umm. Ok, is it at least possible to buy one of those very small boxes that lets you watch stuff in additional rooms, without the option of watching different channels at the same time?