Pest Control

mysterytrevor

It's normal here, get used to it... PS, you might want to think abuout cleaning your building/house/apartement.

OR MOVE

I used to move all the time, now I have stayed in the same house for 4 months, I am proud of myself... LIKE IT ALOT...

Yea I know its normal here but just because the Thais put up with it I would rather not. The house is new and I built it so there is now way I can move. Anyway as you know it not really mine under Thai rules. Its on family land and they would never agree to strangers living in it, Not that I want to sell as I love it apart from the lizard S##t. The house gets cleaned daily but the mess on the balcony sometimes means it has to be washed several times a day. Ive seen in Tesco and Carrefour stuff for Cockroaches,ants etc but nothing for bats or birds. Are bats protected here? They are I believe in the UK. Somone must have had the same problem. I certainly cant afford to redecorate every year.

Sounds like you live out in the sticks. In which case, you'd probably be suffocating clouds of mozzies if it weren't for your "pests". Have you considered sealing off any gaps and holes leading into the attic?

You are right I am in the sticks and I am sure they are eating some mozzies but there are plenty of things you can get to get rid of them or at least reduce them. After I have got someone to combat the pests I will certainly try to block the gaps but remember it was Thai built and it will be some job. Pobably cost as much as the house. Anyway thanks everyone for the input. Still nobody has actually suggested any pest control companies in the area

Sounds like you live out in the sticks. In which case, you'd probably be suffocating clouds of mozzies if it weren't for your "pests". Have you considered sealing off any gaps and holes leading into the attic?

You are right I am in the sticks and I am sure they are eating some mozzies but there are plenty of things you can get to get rid of them or at least reduce them. After I have got someone to combat the pests I will certainly try to block the gaps but remember it was Thai built and it will be some job. Pobably cost as much as the house. Anyway thanks everyone for the input. Still nobody has actually suggested any pest control companies in the area

I would have thught the long term solution would be to chase the bats and sparrows out ans seal up the entry points

Well, in the last house we rented in a moo ban not in the sticks, a 2 story house where everything was clean except we had bats who managed to infest the attic. The moo ban's general fix-it guy was going to take care of it, though the landlord didn't want to pay for it at the time and we have moved since then but I know it is a pain.

I know there are some pest controls guys in town, one guy took care of the termites at the house we are renting now.

Back home in Montreal, I wouldn't sleep if I had seen a spider, anything more gross like a cockroach I think I would have moved, :D

yet now :o

I share the house with geckos, ants, bigger bugs I don't know the name who like the sink area if a dirty plate is left overnight, and an array of other creatures :D