Do You Yahoo?

Kringle

Get to the first section of Yahoo and thentryto get to mail and the next thing I see is "Do you Yahoo?" Is it down or what? Does anyone else have this problem? I also have a problem of getting from one site to another. Try to go to a site and "this page cannot be displayed" pops up. What is this about? Checked with True and they suggested I try something and it only got worse. Seems to come and go (this problem). Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help, Kringle

Hello Kringle,

I sometimes get the same “Do you Yahoo” text, mostly when I try to open email.

The problem is a bit complicated and has nothing to do with your computer, it has to do more with the IP address that you using (sorry you cannot change that). Yahoo using the IP address of it users to connect them to the right server, I guess you use True ADSL which sometimes give you a 61.90.28.XXX IP address Yahoo doesn’t recognize this as a Thai IP address (for the moment).

If you have free international True connect you can easily type http://mail.yahoo.com or remove “/?.intl=us” from the URL and you are able to login.

With kind regards,

Richard

I don't think it has anything to do with the 61.x.x.x IP range. I've gotten the message before, and I have the standard 2xx.x.x.x IP. I do remember that during that time, my DNS requests were very buggy. Many sites (even well known sites like www.yahoo.com) were getting "site not found" errors, pointing to a problem with the DNS. I figure that since other people were getting it to, then True was probably having problems with their DNS servers.

Currently, the problems have gone away, so I guess that True finally fixed their servers.