Can Someone Build Me A Linux Server?

simon43

I previously built a Linux server myself, but had a few problems getting it all to work!

This time round, I prefer to purchase a 'made-to-measure' server. I'm based in Bangkok and Phuket, so am looking for someone to build this for me.

Here's the specification:

Hardware - 1 Ghz CPU, high speed video card/video memory not needed, 2 serial COM ports, network card, Soundblaster audio card (or must be 100% Soundblaster comaptible), CD room, USB)

Software:

Install a Fedora cored linux without X-windows and without firewall

* Make sure all the development libraries and kits are installed

* Check that it contains a proper sound card supported by the Alsa-Project. (www.alsa-project.org)

* Create a user called dxtuners with adduser dxtuners

* Go to the users home directory cd /home/dxtuners

* Download the dxtuner.tar.gz from the software area at the portal, (I can give the full url)

* Untar it with tar -zvzf dxtuner.tar.gz

* Edit the file sever.cfg and change port and Site ID to the same as the values in the Site Editor after that you have created a new receiver there.

* Edit the audio.cfg and set audio quality and actual streams that you want to provid low, medim and high.

* Copy the lame encoder to the PATH. cp lame /bin

* Make sure the ports /dev/audio, /dev/mixer and /dev/ttyS0 are readble by the user ie

chmod 666 /dev/audio /dev/mixer /dev//ttyS0

* startup alsamixer with the command alsamixer, set the levels.

* Store the set levels with alsactl store 0

Can anyone help??

Simon

I previously built a Linux server myself, but had a few problems getting it all to work!

This time round, I prefer to purchase a 'made-to-measure' server. I'm based in Bangkok and Phuket, so am looking for someone to build this for me.

Here's the specification:

Hardware - 1 Ghz CPU, high speed video card/video memory not needed, 2 serial COM ports, network card, Soundblaster audio card (or must be 100% Soundblaster comaptible), CD room, USB)

Software:

Install a Fedora cored linux without X-windows and without firewall

* Make sure all the development libraries and kits are installed

* Check that it contains a proper sound card supported by the Alsa-Project. (www.alsa-project.org)

* Create a user called dxtuners with adduser dxtuners

* Go to the users home directory cd /home/dxtuners

* Download the dxtuner.tar.gz from the software area at the portal, (I can give the full url)

* Untar it with tar -zvzf dxtuner.tar.gz

* Edit the file sever.cfg and change port and Site ID to the same as the values in the Site Editor after that you have created a new receiver there.

* Edit the audio.cfg and set audio quality and actual streams that you want to provid low, medim and high.

* Copy the lame encoder to the PATH. cp lame /bin

* Make sure the ports /dev/audio, /dev/mixer and /dev/ttyS0 are readble by the user ie

chmod 666 /dev/audio /dev/mixer /dev//ttyS0

* startup alsamixer with the command alsamixer, set the levels.

* Store the set levels with alsactl store 0

Can anyone help??

Simon

Looks like should be for Karaoke?! Or I'm wrong?

Wrong! It's for an online remote-controlled radio receiver... I previously ran a server for this but this box is now running Windows for another application. so I want to purchase a new server built to the required spec so that I can just plug in and go!

Simon

Simon

Wrong! It's for an online remote-controlled radio receiver... I previously ran a server for this but this box is now running Windows for another application. so I want to purchase a new server built to the required spec so that I can just plug in and go!

Simon

Simon

Was looking like for Karaoke and I'm not tooooooooooooo far from it! :o

You run it before on Windows or on Linux? If you run it on Windows before, you sure the Driver for that Radio Remote Control will work in you Linux?