How Many Kms Per Year Do You Drive?

corkscrew

How many kilometers per year do you drive in Thailand? What percent is city driving and what percent is in the country? Between my wife and I we drive only about 6000km per year (between two cars)....most of it is in Bangkok.

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

Edit to be more accurate :o

Edited by percy2

How many kilometers per year do you drive in Thailand? What percent is city driving and what percent is in the country? Between my wife and I we drive only about 6000km per year (between two cars)....most of it is in Bangkok.

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

We are almost pedestrians compared to you.

We don't live very far from where we shop and dine....so our Kilometers are low.

Coming up 7000 km in 5 months with some long trips so I guess about 15k per year.

Most town driving in and around Pattaya. The flexibility to go to the shops for something rather than doing without and visiting friends / going to work is what it does. Occasional trips to Bangkok and Buriram.

Edited by torrenova

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

We don't live very far from where we shop and dine....so our Kilometers are low.

I normally add many miles going to Pattaya and back, once or twice a week.

Last week I drove about 3,000km.

BKK > Chom Pare > Mae Sot > Mae Sariang > Mae Hong Son > Pai > Chiang Mai and back. Great drive , great scenery. Would be fantastic in a sports car. If you do though don't take the old road from Pai to CM there were 4okm of very rough dirt track.

Cheers

Let me know when you want to sell a car :o

Cheers

I might do 1000 a month here just outside of BKK in my old Land Rover. Got tired of forking out so much for petrol so made the switch to LPG last week and am loving it.

Our Volvo is used only to take the kids to school and back and some errands, but probably does around the same. That will be getting the conversion within a year too.

If you do though don't take the old road from Pai to CM there were 4okm of very rough dirt track.

I too made this trip years ago in the reverse direction. Just curious I thought there was only one route from Pai to CM (route 1095 from Pai and onto 107 into CM). You mean there is an older route to avoid or is 1095 the old route and they've built a new one?

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

BKK > Chom Pare > Mae Sot > Mae Sariang > Mae Hong Son > Pai > Chiang Mai and back. Great drive , great scenery. Would be fantastic in a sports car. If you do though don't take the old road from Pai to CM there were 4okm of very rough dirt track.

Cheers

It sounds like a drive that I'd like to take. Is it a series of marked roads?

About a hundred km a day, around Bangkok. Nearly 30k per year on average.

That's a lot of 'klicks' for Bangkok! How many hours a day behind the wheel? I may do 20km a day and as often as not that short distance takes up the better part of two hours....especially if I hit the rush on Sathorn at 4PM.

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

Edit to be more accurate :D

Cheers

We have GPS.

We have the technology :o

Cheers

If you do though don't take the old road from Pai to CM there were 4okm of very rough dirt track.

I too made this trip years ago in the reverse direction. Just curious I thought there was only one route from Pai to CM (route 1095 from Pai and onto 107 into CM). You mean there is an older route to avoid or is 1095 the old route and they've built a new one?

Will check GPS and get back to you.

I think the 1095 is the new road.

Cheers

We do 8 times that.

Between 2 cars.

Cheers

Edit to be more accurate :D

Cheers

We have GPS.

Cheers

I have the Garmin 2720 Streetpilot in our SLK. Do you think that will guide us the whole way...avoiding the "very rough dirt track" between PAI and CM?

The Garmin is great in and around BKK but I have not used it way up country...only as far north as Ayutthaya.

Cheers

We have GPS.

Cheers

I have the Garmin 2720 Streetpilot in our SLK. Do you think that will guide us the whole way...avoiding the "very rough dirt track" between PAI and CM?

The Garmin is great in and around BKK but I have not used it way up country...only as far north as Ayutthaya.

If you have it set for fatest time it will avoid the rough track.

It was spot on for me the whole journey.

Now is a fantastic time to do it, take some warm clothes.

Loy Krathong in Mae Hong Son would be fantastic.

I'd avoid the Chom Pere part.

Go from BKK straight to Mae Sot or possibly over night in Sukothai.

If either you or your wife gets seasick it maybe worth taking some Dramamine with you as the roads really are that windy.

Cheers

About a hundred km a day, around Bangkok. Nearly 30k per year on average.

That's a lot of 'klicks' for Bangkok! How many hours a day behind the wheel? I may do 20km a day and as often as not that short distance takes up the better part of two hours....especially if I hit the rush on Sathorn at 4PM.

I live in suburbs, about 30k to work in the morning - one hour and twenty minutes, then 20k, half an hour, to kids' school, then 50k, about an hour, drive home.

I don't see it as a waste of time, it's similar to sleep - helps to relax and reset my mind - think, plan, dream, freshen up - whatever.

Since moving to the suburbs last year, I would guess I'm doing about 20,000kms/year. With our old tub, that takes A LOT of gas. The traffic jams (which I frequently encounter) are terrible here in BKK but I'm used to bad traffic coming from South Florida, USA.

Since moving to the suburbs last year, I would guess I'm doing about 20,000kms/year. With our old tub, that takes A LOT of gas. The traffic jams (which I frequently encounter) are terrible here in BKK but I'm used to bad traffic coming from South Florida, USA.

Thaiboxer, where in S. Florida? We also have a place in Fort Lauderdale.