Sell House In Thailand

My friend had a stroke a couple months ago and is living like a plant now.He is living in his house with his girlfriend and her children and partners.Now he can´t withdraw money from an ATM machine anymore so they do it,they know his pincode.They already stole huge amount of money from his accounts in homecoutry with visa and maestro cards until his daughter found out of course.His daughter is coming over in a few weeks and wants to take him home.Now she asked me wat the options are about the house.He bought it for 700000 baht,it´s on his girlfriens name and he has the 30 year leasecontract.Can his daughter put the house on sale?Thanks in advance.

At best, she would be trying to sell a lease!! Assuming there are no restrictions in the lease against that. It is highly unlikely, the sale of a right of possession to a 700,000 house with a unwilling and belligerent landlord would be very salable.

There are many who have posted that a lease contract in Thailand is a "personal" agreement and not transferable unless there is a specific right to do so spelled out in the lease document.

My advice would be to tell the sister to forget it, walk away without looking back. There will be enough animosity as it is with those who have been bilking her brothers accounts that their cash cow has stopped giving milk.

My friend had a stroke a couple months ago and is living like a plant now.He is living in his house with his girlfriend and her children and partners.Now he can´t withdraw money from an ATM machine anymore so they do it,they know his pincode.They already stole huge amount of money from his accounts in homecoutry with visa and maestro cards until his daughter found out of course.His daughter is coming over in a few weeks and wants to take him home.Now she asked me wat the options are about the house.He bought it for 700000 baht,it´s on his girlfriens name and he has the 30 year leasecontract.Can his daughter put the house on sale?Thanks in advance.

There is a little known Thai ammendment to a 30 year lease where the renter can become the only seller but few people know this if anyone wants to know more email me.

i would think in this case the Emabassy needs to help.