Tourist Visa Extension

thanks lopburi for the swift answer.

Do you know if they do extensions there?

Or is it saver to go to suan plu? I live closer to the new airport and thats why i thought it might be the easier way for me. Any idea on the opening times there?

thanks again.

regards

Timo

hello,

just wanted to share my experience extending my tourist visa at the immigration office at the novotel suvarnabhumi.

very hassle free and friendly, was the only one there....with three immigration officers. took 5 minutes.

a real good alternative to suan plu, if you live towards the airport.

regards

Timo

Thanks for that Lopburi and Timo!! Great idea.I gotta get my ext.around Dec 8,but am picking up my gal pal

at airport Thursday,Nov 29 anyway,so maybe I can try to book a room at Novotel,swoop in,pick up Lek,stay the night,next day visit office for TV ext. and we can be on our way to Jomtien.

Cheers guys!

mel2surf

It all went as planned with no problems.

Took my usual taxi co. ride to BKK airport,picked up Lek,

we then drove the 2 minute drive to Novotel (had booked online prior)

<deleted> expensive,but nice room...we drank cold beers in a hot bubble bath,

slept like babies (after a little re-aquainting session..she's been away in Melbourne 6 months)

next morning,shaved,combed hair,dressed presentably,took passport,2 photos,copies of pic page and TM page and went downstairs to Immigration office in Novotel around 10:30 AM...now get THIS...the immigration officer ladies

SMILED/GREETED ME !!!! Almost fell over on the spot!,filled in form,signed it,paid 1900 baht,sat about 10 minutes,

lady then POLITELY offered passport with fresh 30 day ext,I smiled/thanked her,and we were off back to Jomtien!!

(notice i did NOT use Jomtien office for obvious reasons) I will travel to be treated with a bit of

dignity,instead of being treated like a 2 bit criminal!

It was well worth it,and I can recommend that office to anyone with the need for a TV ext.

Regards,

mel2surf