Current Discount Deals For Restaurants/bars

jfchandler

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere..but a search online here didn't find it.

Seems to me we ought to have an ongoing post that can be updated regularly with the various GOOD restaurant and bar deals that are happening in town. Best to include the name, location, details and duration of the deal. That way, others can share in enjoying.

I'll make the first contribution: Just came back from a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at the Atrium Cafe at the Landmark Hotel, Suk Rd between Sois 4 and 6.

In the course of talking to the staff there, discovered the Atrium restaurant is offering a 40% discount off their lunch and dinner buffets during the month of November, provided you pay with any Gold or Platinum credit card. The same deal apparently does not apply to their breakfasts.

Thus, my 750 baht++ Thanksgiving buffet dinner got knocked down to 450++, a great savings of 300 baht. The buffet was first-rate, the selection enormous, and the staff and service was first-rate. The restaurant, located on the lobby level of the hotel, also is a very pleasant, comfortable, upscale setting. Tables either look out from glass windows into the interior atrium of the hotel or outward over Sukhumvit Road.

Obviously, their Thanksgiving dinner is special in terms of its offerings and presentation. But I'm sure their regular nightly buffet would be great, especially with a 40% discount. And, I use a Capital One platinum credit card (U.S. issued) that has no foreign transaction fee, so I don't get hit with the 1-3% surcharge that many credit card co's now do for foreign currency transactions.

Hope we can keep this post alive, so others can alert to deals as they come and go, month to month.

Thanks, John (formerly from L.A.)

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere..but a search online here didn't find it.

Seems to me we ought to have an ongoing post that can be updated regularly with the various GOOD restaurant and bar deals that are happening in town. Best to include the name, location, details and duration of the deal. That way, others can share in enjoying.

I'll make the first contribution: Just came back from a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at the Atrium Cafe at the Landmark Hotel, Suk Rd between Sois 4 and 6.

In the course of talking to the staff there, discovered the Atrium restaurant is offering a 40% discount off their lunch and dinner buffets during the month of November, provided you pay with any Gold or Platinum credit card. The same deal apparently does not apply to their breakfasts.

Thus, my 750 baht++ Thanksgiving buffet dinner got knocked down to 450++, a great savings of 300 baht. The buffet was first-rate, the selection enormous, and the staff and service was first-rate. The restaurant, located on the lobby level of the hotel, also is a very pleasant, comfortable, upscale setting. Tables either look out from glass windows into the interior atrium of the hotel or outward over Sukhumvit Road.

Obviously, their Thanksgiving dinner is special in terms of its offerings and presentation. But I'm sure their regular nightly buffet would be great, especially with a 40% discount. And, I use a Capital One platinum credit card (U.S. issued) that has no foreign transaction fee, so I don't get hit with the 1-3% surcharge that many credit card co's now do for foreign currency transactions.

Hope we can keep this post alive, so others can alert to deals as they come and go, month to month.

No FX fee, that cos ya have Platinum card, good one matey.

I use a Visa Goldcard, everytime I come to Thailand, on my return my bank issues me with a new card. Seems they get compromised.

I know now, NEVER to use it in Pantip Plaza, be copied for sure.

Many shops and restaurants get upset cos I like to do the swiping myself.

4 new cards this year........LOL

Gone off topic, but I DO LIKE the idea you have put forward, hope many follow up on it.

Edited by Zpete

No FX fee, that cos ya have Platinum card, good one matey.

I use a Visa Goldcard, everytime I come to Thailand, on my return my bank issues me with a new card. Seems they get compromised.

I know now, NEVER to use it in Pantip Plaza, be copied for sure.

Many shops and restaurants get upset cos I like to do the swiping myself.

4 new cards this year........LOL

Gone off topic, but I DO LIKE the idea you have put forward, hope many follow up on it.

the bbq guy on my street corner wont take any type of card only cold hard baht. Wont even take a baht less than the usually 10 for my chicken leg :o

However you have started a great thread and the only other discounting i know of is at the Marriott but you gotta buy the card (around $200)and I think its 40% off in their buffet. its a great idea if you have 2 or 3 mates to share the cost as there is no name on the card itself so anyone can use it

OK... this is going a bit off my post, since my intention was about discount deals that don't carry a fee or pricetag.... But since the prior poster asked about the Marriott Gold Thailand Discount Card, I had checked about that lately with the JW Marriott on Suk Road and received an e-mailed package of very good info.

I'll share it here for everyone's info. (The prior posts on this subject seemed a year or so old, in terms of describing their changing benefits offerings. So, this is the latest of their official 2007-08 Benefits Document. It has some really nice benefits for both dining and free or discounted stays, BUT, it now carries an annual pricetag of 6500 BAHT. So it really depends on if you'll use their services enough (travel and entertain enough) to at least recover your investment in the card. Now that I LIVE here, I'm not such a big foreign traveler and hotel dweller anymore..... Bon Appetit!!!

Marriott Gold Thailand Membership 2007-2008

ACCOMMODATION Local Benefits:

? Five (5) certificates for a Preferential “Marriott Gold” Fixed Rate (see attached MRG Thailand Fixed Hotel Rates) Each certificate is valid for up to 7 consecutive nights.

? One (1) certificate for a Baht 2,700++ Special Midweek Rate, valid Sunday - Thursday at Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa or Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa Valid for a minimum 3 night stay, maximum 5 night stay.

? One (1) Courtyard City Pass certificate for a weekend night (Friday or Saturday at the special rate of Baht 499++ Valid for 1 night at the Courtyard Bangkok only.

? One (1) Courtyard Resort Pass certificate for a weekday night (Monday through Thursday) at the special rate of Baht 499++ Valid for 1 night in the Courtyard Phuket at Patong Beach, or Courtyard Phuket at Surin Beach, or Courtyard Phuket at Kamala Beach, or Courtyard Hua Hin at Cha Am Beach.

Accommodation certificates are subject to availability and not valid during periods of high hotel occupancy therefore advance reservations are required. Members must state that they wish to utilize the certificates at time of booking. The certificates will not be honored in conjunction with discounted rate or special program, e.g. conventions, packages, tours or weekend special rates.

Marriott Gold Card Presented Local Food & Beverage Benefits:

? Unlimited membership card usage in all hotel operated restaurants, excluding “New York Steakhouse”. Membership card not valid at the Marriott Executive Apartments Mayfair-Bangkok

? Membership card usage at “New York Steakhouse” and at the restaurants of JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong will be limited to a total of 8 visits only

? Dining discount applies as follows: dining alone = 35%, 2 people dining on one table = 50%, 3 people dining on one table = 33%, 4 people dining on one table = 25%, 5 - 15 people dining on one table = 20%, 16- 25 people dining on one table = 15%. This discount applies to all food and non-alcoholic beverages

? Dining discount is maximized at 33% (minimum 3 diners on one table) for the purchase of Sushi and Sashimi at the Japanese restaurants and bars at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (This represents a change/downgrade of service from prior benefits, which is why they've highlighted in in their document. I read that some card holders got caught midyear by this change and were none too happy, because it essentially means a couple (two) can no longer get any discount at their Japanese venues)

? Membership card is valid for a 15% discount on all alcoholic beverages

? Membership card is valid for a 50% discount on the corkage fee in hotel operated outlets, excluding “New York Steakhouse”, JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok and the outlets at Marriott Executive Apartments Mayfair-Bangkok

? Membership card is valid for a 20% discount on pastries

Valid in “BBCO” (Bangkok Baking Company) - JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, “Siam Deli” - JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, “Numero Uno” - Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa and Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa, MOMO Bakery in any participating Courtyard property. Not valid in conjunction with “Happy Hour” specials

? Membership card is valid for a 20% discount at “Ginja Cook - Cooking School”, JW Marriott Phuket Resort& Spa, only one discount per visit

? Not valid for Room Service

? Membership card valid for a 20% discount on Business Centre Services, excluding all Courtyard

? Membership card valid for a 20% discount on Laundry Services, excluding all Courtyard

** Membership card may be used in all restaurants year round. Not valid in conjunction with any discounted offers or special promotions **

** Only 1 Marriott Gold membership card may be used per table per visit and the membership card may only be used once per meal period **

Food & Beverage Certificates

? One (1) certificate for a 50% food discount when 6 – 12 people dine on one table in the hotel operated restaurants **

? Three (3) certificates for a 50% food discount when 4 people dine on one table in the hotel operated restaurants **

(**The certificates are not valid in “Trader Vic’s”, “The New York Steakhouse” and the Japanese restaurants. Not valid in conjunction with Marriott Gold dining card or other Marriott Gold certificates**)

? One (1) certificate for a complimentary set dinner for 2 people or buffet for 2 people (food only) Valid for set dinner at “White Elephant Thai Restaurant” or “Man Ho Chinese Restaurant” at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok. Valid for buffet at “The Market”, Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa (lunch only) or “Marriott Café”, JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (Monday to Thursday, dinner only)

? One (1) certificate for a 50% food discount, when 3 people dine on one table

Valid in JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, any participating Courtyard property and in the “Marriott Café”, JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (for lunch only, Monday to Friday)

? One (1) certificate for a complimentary bottle of house wine when 4 or more people dine on one table in any restaurant at Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa or Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa

? One (1) certificate for a 20% discount on “The Manohra” Dining Cruise at Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa Valid for any number of people

? One (1) certificate for a complimentary set dinner for 2 people (food only)

Valid at “MOMO Café” in any participating Courtyard property

? One (1) Happy Birthday certificate for a 500 Baht discount on food & beverage

Valid at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok or Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa (excluding “Numero Uno”). Valid 3 months from the date of birthday

? One (1) certificate for a 500 Baht discount on food & beverage

Valid at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok or Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa (excluding “Numero Uno”) – for Renewing Members only

Local Spa/Fitness Club/Health Club Benefits :

? Membership card valid for a 20% discount on the regular menu price of any spa treatments (excluding retail) at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa and Mandara Spa at: Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa, Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa and JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square. Not valid in any Courtyard properties

? Membership card valid for a 10% Discount on the annual Fitness/Health Club membership fee, valid for new Fitness/Health Club memberships only, excluding all Courtyard properties

? One (1) certificate for a 50% discount for 1 person on the regular menu price of any spa treatments (excluding retail) at Mandara Spa - Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa, Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa and JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square

? One (1) certificate for a complimentary Day Pass for 2 people at the Health Club, JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok & Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa Subject to advance reservation

? One (1) certificate for a 30% discount for 2 to 6 people at “The Mandara Academy of Spa Cuisine”, Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa

Regional Asia-Pacific Benefits for participating Marriott & Renaissance Hotels & Resorts

? One (1) membership card with 16 discounted meals (food only) in any of the hotel operated restaurants when dining with at least 1 other person, excluding the restaurants at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong (maximized at 8 visits)

? Five (5) accommodation certificates for a 50% discount on the rack rate. Each valid for up to 7 consecutive nights

General Terms & Conditions :

Local benefits are valid in all participating Marriott Hotels and Resorts in Thailand unless otherwise stated. The accommodation certificates are subject to availability during periods of high occupancy, advance reservations required. Not valid Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day & Loy Krathong. The member must state that they wish to utilize the certificate(s) at the time of booking. The certificate(s) will not be honored in conjunction with discount rates or special programs, i.e. conventions, packages, tours or weekend special rates. The Marriott Gold Thailand membership is available to Residents and Expatriates of Thailand only. Membership card and certificates must be presented at all times for discounts. All membership benefits are fully transferable and valid through the expiration date stated.

Fully Transferable

Membership Fee – Baht 6,500