Ais Gprs - Send Smtp Mail To Gmail

tjo o tjim

I've never had this problem in the past, but it is occurring now on both my mobile (roaming) and my AIS 1-2-call mobile tethered to the laptop. I can't connect to smtp.gmail.com via ssl because of an un-trusted certificate. I can't pull up the certificate information now, but it was not signed by a trusted authority, and it was a demo of something.

I imagine I can un-check "use SSL", but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Does AIS block outbound SMTP transport now over mobile phones, or do they just require a proxy which prevents SSL?

Thanks!

I've never had this problem in the past, but it is occurring now on both my mobile (roaming) and my AIS 1-2-call mobile tethered to the laptop. I can't connect to smtp.gmail.com via ssl because of an un-trusted certificate. I can't pull up the certificate information now, but it was not signed by a trusted authority, and it was a demo of something.

I imagine I can un-check "use SSL", but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Does AIS block outbound SMTP transport now over mobile phones, or do they just require a proxy which prevents SSL?

Thanks!

didn't have any problem using gprs services of any operator while accessing gmail. if i rememeber correctly, my SSL is not used on all of my dialing profiles. what beats the purpose? you lose a bit of security over several interfaces but who will really tap in your network connections unless someone is spying on you?

side a sidenote, i don't do online banking via gprs...

The value of SSL is that it keeps messages and passwords from going plaintext. Only really important for a few things, but the real concern was that the certificate belonged to a demo license of some "appliance," which just looks suspicious.

The main reason I want to use SSL is because of password collision concerns; that particular password is an important one for me (since it is never sent plaintext). I can tunnel the traffic through my office computer, or even just use the webmail interface, but the hassle is that my iPhone is behaving erratically because of the problem.

I just want to know if anybody else is experiencing the problem, or if is just the way it is now, so I can adjust logically.

The value of SSL is that it keeps messages and passwords from going plaintext. Only really important for a few things, but the real concern was that the certificate belonged to a demo license of some "appliance," which just looks suspicious.

The main reason I want to use SSL is because of password collision concerns; that particular password is an important one for me (since it is never sent plaintext). I can tunnel the traffic through my office computer, or even just use the webmail interface, but the hassle is that my iPhone is behaving erratically because of the problem.

I just want to know if anybody else is experiencing the problem, or if is just the way it is now, so I can adjust logically.

exactly, SSL encrypts your sessions and by not having it means that all your cummunication to the network are not encrypted and displayed in text (snmp trap is in text format). but who will set-up a dummy base station and scan your connection on which timeslot you are using, and feed your connection to a protocol analysers to capture all your messages in the air? OK... maybe me...

Edited by thai_narak