Briton Arrested For Murder In Phuket

george

Briton arrested for murder

Claimes he had sex with a katoey on the beach

CHALONG: -- Briton Michael John Taylor, 40, who was last week questioned by police and then released, has been arrested on a charge of murdering his girlfriend on August 17.

Police say they have statements from eight people confirming their belief that Taylor, known locally as “Mick the Pom”, murdered 27-year-old bargirl Jantra Weangta at the home they shared in Chalong.

Pol Maj Jessada Sangsuree, inspector of Chalong Police Station, told the Gazette, “We have eight statements that suggest Mr Taylor is the murderer. The court issued an arrest warrant, but he still denies the accusation.”

Maj Jessada said that Taylor claims that, around the time when K. Jantra is estimated to have been killed, he was drinking at the Moonlight Bar in Karon then having sex on the beach with a katoey, 21-year-old Fonnoi Khonsau

Taylor asserts that he found K. Jantra dead on the bed when he and K. Fonnoi went to the house.

K. Jantra died from a single stab wound to the heart. Nearby, police found a large Bowie knife and a pair of bloodstained trousers.

“Taylor is being held in Phuket Provincial Prison,” Maj Jessada said..

--Phuket Gazette 2004-08-23

Maybe Nigel the Pom become angry because girlfriend no do butt thaing. Old Persian saying is that when you drink too much and boink you need a handle to grab, so boy is better. Thai girls tell farhang man to get ladyboy if they want boom-boom dtood, and many do.

Soon the Thai Jails will need a wing just for the British hooligans.

He had a girl-friend, he bonked a katoey on the beach, then took katoey back to his house? Why? To meet g/f?

I don't know about 'mick the Pom' - more like 'Mick the wierdo' to me.

He didn't worry about taking the Lady-Boy back home...cos he knew the g/f was dead and she wouldn't complain!!

Soon the Thai Jails will need a wing just for the British hooligans.

Thats well out of order!!

What exactly are you pushing towards here. Most of us keep the British end up.

It's no stab in the dark, to realise this guy is in deep s.h.i.t. though.

I am suspicious on the way this turned out. First the police questioned him and then released him more likely due to lack of evidence pointing to him. Anyway I am sure that at the time of the first interogation from the police he did mention to them of the katoey he was with and I am sure that person was with him at the time when the police came.

Now all of a sudden 8 witnesses pop up?????? Where were they before?????? Sounds like a trick is being played here. The guy is still denying anything to do with the murder.

If anything they should do an autopsy on the victim, determine the time of death, and then verify if this person was at some beach with the katoey. If so he cannot be at two places at the same time especially if the distance between his place and the beach requires some traveling time. If his defense proves to be true, then someone else did the killing.

So again I say something is really fishy about this incident. Most especially about these witnesses simply popping out of nowhere.

Daveyo

Good point Daveyo, and to take it further. In order for these spurious witnesses( to the murder) to be credible they would have had to have been in the room. Perhaps a little latteral thinking on the part of the investigating officer may conclude guilt by association on the part of one or more of them. It's possible this guy has been set up by a collective group who themselves were about to have a little side order until it went wrong.

My bet is someone's going to end up with egg on his chops for this sudden conclusion.

:o

I have also discussed this with some other people around here, and guess what folks. These Thai people more or less do stick up for their own, and so do the police to some extent. It is more likely from what I gather, having news that some Thai is killing foreigners is like losing face to the outsiders, and remember losing face, and not losing face is a well known culture inbred into them since they were young.

So if some Thai is involved here, most certainly they don't want to have the fingers being pointed towards them, and of course much under the table Baht is going on too. If they are paid well enough, you can bet they will look the other way and stick it to the person known to associate with the victim.

This last paragraph is well known thru out Thailand and it is no secret.

Again, with this knowledge in mind, that sort of re-inforces my suspicions of the 8 witnesses suddenly popping up.

Daveyo

Remember the farang guest house owner who was charged with the rape and murder of one of his farang customers? Wasn't he let go even though the police were "sure" he had done it? Do I recall correctly that the eventual perpetrator was a policeman? Or have I mixed it up with some other story? Anyway, just seems they like the easy one to pin it on rather than try to find the real criminal.

Looks like a set up for me. Used to live in Phuket and knew thai guys who had killed many people over the years and made it look like an accident or then someone else woud get the blame .Im sure the local police know abaut it but they will do nothing.Had my own and my girlfriends murder planned too.And maybe you guys coud have read here and joke abaut the drunk falang who got himself drown in Patong beach, if i hadnt got warnings in time from 1 of the "gangsters" girlfriend and a good thai friend of mine and made a run to bangkok in the middle of the night.

Something is a bit funny about his excuse. Why would he have sex on the beach

then bring the same person back to the room. Oh look what we found when we

got back to the room. Just might of been there before he left the room to find the excuse. Do you think the witnesses seen them together around the room some time close to expected time of death. Not enough info to really be sure one way or the other.

Firstly I know this guy quite well, but would not class him as a mate.

Mick the Pom (aka - mad mick) is always in punch ups with girlfriends/people and has been arrested more than 20 times in the 6 years I have known him. Prior to this murder charge. he had just been released from prison the day before, for having a fight with this lady and smashing a window and trying to break into his/her room, as she locked him out - he had just spent 15 days in jail.

The katoey was a regular fixture (from what I have been told) and the three of them used to share the bed.

I happened to see him the day he was released due to not enough evidence and got the feeling he did do it, but that does not mean he did. who knows what happened and really I couldnt care less, but one thing I am sure of is, if he had any money at all, he would not have been charged - sad but true.

The girl was well known in the area as being a nice girl and since her death, her family have arrived with a rope and anger....... what a sad state of affairs for all involved :o