The Best Christmas Dinner In Bkk?

listenup

Hi all,

Anyone got some ideas where serves the best xmas dinner in bkk?

I don't mind paying extra for top service/food.

Anyone had experieces of eating xmas dinner at one of the top hotels?

There will be 6 lads, just want some good food/wine then we'll go onto party somewhere else.

Thanks.

Hi all,

There will be 6 lads, just want some good food/wine then we'll go onto party somewhere else.

Thanks.

Sheraton on Sukhumvit is a good choice. Make sure you book early!!

Hi all,

Thanks.

I agree...the Sheraton is the best choice. I've eat there all the time but Christmas lunch is the best! All restaurants converged into one with open buffet in the foyer. Ask to be seated in the Living Room as it is a bit more lively with live music.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Last year wanted to to the same but changed my mind at the last minute and opted for the following:

Buy some nice import food (gourmet, food land, villa or something) with good wine.

Cook at home a nice Farang dinner and french wine (or aussie or any other good one)...

Then go out.

Comes out better (if you're a good cook) and cheaper as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Thanks.

I agree...the Sheraton is the best choice. I've eat there all the time but Christmas lunch is the best! All restaurants converged into one with open buffet in the foyer. Ask to be seated in the Living Room as it is a bit more lively with live music.

Any ideas on the cost of the Sheraton....Thanks....and HO HO HO ....

Hi all,

Thanks.

Any ideas on the cost of the Sheraton....Thanks....and HO HO HO ....

There are different prices, dependant on which restaurant you eat in.

Roughly 3k/adult, half price for kids

Amari, Suk Soi 3, is very good. As good as, or better than, the Shearton, at a cheaper price. Also, the Landmark is very nice. I have also enjoyed Xmas dinner at Bourbon Street, in Washington Square (off Suk Soi 22), more than once over the years.

Amari, Suk Soi 3, is very good. As good as, or better than, the Shearton, at a cheaper price. Also, the Landmark is very nice. I have also enjoyed Xmas dinner at Bourbon Street, in Washington Square (off Suk Soi 22), more than once over the years.

Amari is on Soi 5 :o

It is not even close to the standard at the Sheraton

Is it me, or are the prices for these places getting ridiculous? I don't care how good a buffet is, it is not worth 2,500-4,000 baht per person. Above that is beyond nuts. I may pay that much for a nice meal prepared to order in a great restaurant, but for a buffet, forget it.

Is it me, or are the prices for these places getting ridiculous? I don't care how good a buffet is, it is not worth 2,500-4,000 baht per person. Above that is beyond nuts. I may pay that much for a nice meal prepared to order in a great restaurant, but for a buffet, forget it.

Have you been to any of these hotels for their buffets?

The restaurants are first class, as is the food, so I guess you pays your money you makes your choice

Have you been to any of these hotels for their buffets?

The restaurants are first class, as is the food, so I guess you pays your money you makes your choice

Yes, I have been to the buffet in pretty much every 5 star in town; either on my own initiative or as part of a function. And yes, they are very good. However, buffet food will never be as quality as made to order. It sits there, in a burner getting cold, or pre cut getting hard. True, you can have a pasta station, ect., but it is not as good. That is why buffets are usually cheaper then a high end meal. Jacking up the price 3 or 4 times for X-Mas does not make the food any better. It is a waste of money.

Yes, I have been to the buffet in pretty much every 5 star in town; either on my own initiative or as part of a function. And yes, they are very good. However, buffet food will never be as quality as made to order. It sits there, in a burner getting cold, or pre cut getting hard. True, you can have a pasta station, ect., but it is not as good. That is why buffets are usually cheaper then a high end meal. Jacking up the price 3 or 4 times for X-Mas does not make the food any better. It is a waste of money.

Mostly you get your meat cooked for you as you like it. Chuck in free alcohol for 4 hours and it becomes a pretty good deals. Especially is you have a few lobster tails, NZ lamb chops, quality cheese and cold cuts and delicious desert etc etc, it aint bad value for a once in a while splurge.