Electrical Testers/meters.

chang35baht

Thanks Cuban. Will keep that in mind. Would prefer somewhere around Chiang Rai for convenience.

P.S. Of course in the topic title I meant "meters" nor "metres".

Can you be more specific about the instrument(s) you need?

On the main street which runs n-s (more or less) by the night bazaar.....very nearly where the road that goes by the bus depot makes a T with it. There is an electronic shop that has speakers and band equipment too......and also test metres and test meters.

Chownah

Ok.. What I`m after is a meter that can measure AC up to 1000V, DC same, resistance and current. Preferably with a clampmeter attached to measure current 400A minimum. Basically a meter for an electrician. Digital of course.

Edited by chang35baht

Thanks Cuban. Will keep that in mind. Would prefer somewhere around Chiang Rai for convenience.

P.S. Of course in the topic title I meant "meters" nor "metres".

I have changed the topic title for you.

The larger building and electrical supply stores such as Homepro and such would be the most likely place. I know the sort of instrument you need and they are beyond the normal type normally found in hobby or electronic shops.

CB

Ok.. What I`m after is a meter that can measure AC up to 1000V, DC same, resistance and current. Preferably with a clampmeter attached to measure current 400A minimum. Basically a meter for an electrician. Digital of course.

Chang,

Going from Superhiway to Bus station and between the junction to farmers market and bus station exit there is a shop called ERAWAN has all the electrical bits I've ever needed. Shop's not much to look at but it's an 'Aladin's Cave' of goodies when you go in.

If no luck PM me and I'll get you one in BKK, I'm here until Thursday evening

Cheers

Another thought, avoiding a trip to CM etc would be to visit techie looking shops selling speakers and TV repairs, I doubt there is a big demand in CR and their spares etc will be shipped up from BKK weekly (?)

If I were in your situation, print off a few pictures, even if they speak zero English you will be able to commicate in Volts, Amps and Ohms etc.

I would guess they might have an old dog eared copy of the Thai Radio Shack catalogue to choose something from.

Hi guys. Both the recommended shops had meters and one even had the type I was after. Unfortunately they both had the same brand(which I won`t mention). And this brand is not, shall we say, one of the better producers of this type of instrument.

Top marks for the info though Chownah and AjarnP. And the others of course.

Cheers,

Chang35baht. :o

Edited by chang35baht